Saturday, July 23, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Bookish Box/FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's been an odd week. My parents and sister came to visit this past Saturday and then my parents showed up again on Tuesday. It's kind of thrown my week off a bit. I also haven't been reading a lot. I've finished one book that took me almost 2.5 weeks to read. I hate reading slumps, but hopefully, that's over now. However, I have ApollyCon next week, so who knows how I'll feel about reading after that. Haha.

Time to talk about this week's haul though. First up, I have a couple of things that aren't books, but they are book-related. I bought this B-E-A-UTIFUL FBAA Atlantia pin off of Etsy (NoOnedesignsShop). It's way larger than I thought it would be, and I love it. I'm going to have to rearrange my whole FBAA pin collection now, just to find the perfect spot for this piece of art. I also impulse-bought the ALITF pin that was on the JLA shop. Unlike the Atlantia pin, this one was smaller than I expected. Boo... It's ridiculously tiny, and I have no idea how it's going to look in my pin display.

Next, I have one of the most random purchases I feel like I have ever made. I bought some FBAA dustjackets a while back off of Etsy, even though I didn't have extra copies of the hardcovers. Well, my original plan was to wait for B&N to have that end-of-year-50%-off sale they had last year for their hardcovers and nab extra copies. But I was browsing eBay and I came across these used copies! They don't have dustjackets, so they're perfect! I've already put my others on, and they look fabulous!

And finally, I have the Bookish Box and FairyLoot books. The Prince's Poisoned Vow is Bookish Box's June adult book, and The Undertaking of Hart & Mercy is July's adult book. I think FairyLoot's copy is very cute, and I'm intrigued, even though its not a title I think I would normally gravitate towards. As for TPPV, I'm very interested in reading this one! However, I don't really care for BB's edition. I just started my subscription with them, but I don't think it's going to last long, honestly. I love the titles they pick, but their editions are so... odd. I might keep my sub until their Black Friday sale, just in case they put leftover Zodiac Academy editions up (after I see what they look like from other people's unboxings). But after that, I think I'm going to give up on BB and only buy their editions when its a title I really, REALLY, REALLY want.

What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! Score on finding the "naked" FBAA books on ebay! That worked out perfectly for your dustjacket situation! I got the Adult FL book this week too! It sounds interesting and I just found out last week or so that the author is coming to my library next month, so I'm definitely upping this one in my TBR pile! I think I've randomly subscribed to BB twice now, but have always canceled the next month...since they just now allow you to skip twice in 12 months. Their boxes never really wowed me as much. And their editions on the two I did get were eh. I'm trying to remember what the first box I got from them was. I know the second time I was totally in it for a Caraval item and the book I was sort of excited for...but I ended up not liking it after reading it, lol. So yeah, that was one I never did keep a subscription to, though I keep my eye on it every once in awhile!

    Hope you enjoy your goodies and have fun at Apollycon! I'm trying to use the week to debate trying to attend next year, but I only ended up with a small handful of authors who are attending that I read and I just don't know if the cost is justified for less than 10 authors. Sigh...but I hope you have tons of FUN! I do really want to go to one at least once!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!