Saturday, July 30, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The July Owlcrate Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

By the time this pre-scheduled post goes up, I will be in the D.C. area for ApollyCon! So I will be physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted. But, I'll have signed books! Woohoo! I'll be sure to share all about my experience once I'm back, though it'll be after my July Wrap-Up post so you'll have to wait a week or so. But anyway, let's get on to this week's haul.


 First up, I have the July Owlcrate box. After skipping Owlcrate for almost two years, I decided to get this month's box because there was an FBAA item included. Well, sadly, the FBAA item is not something I'm that excited about. The water bottle just isn't for me. One, I prefer sturdy, machine-washable bottles, and two, I already have reliable bottles that didn't come to me covered in dust. So I'm throwing it into my stack of FBAA swag to sell one day. As for the rest of the items, they're okay. The orange body spray does smell good, the pocket mirror (while a little thick) is useful, and the Daevabad pin is already on my pin banner. However, the Iron Fey bowl cozy... *sigh*. I still haven't used the last bowl cozy Owlcrate sent out. But the book is really pretty. It has an exclusive cover and foiled endpapers. That's right. FOILED ENDPAPERS! I'm currently reading it right now to decide if I want to skip another subscription box that's going to have this book in a future box. I'm hoping to finish it before I leave.

Next, I have the newest installment in AMillionWorldsDesign's FBAA dustjacket series. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra TWOTQ hardcover for this one yet, but I'm keeping my eye out for cheap copies online. This jacket isn't my favorite of the series, as I think the queen looks a bit too young and catty here, but I do like that there are some different characters on this one besides just Poppy and Hawke. And the background details and clothing! Those are stunning!


 I also have a Member's Day order from the Bookish Box Shop. I bought their Poppy and Hawke prints to match the Kieran one I got a couple of months ago. I think Poppy looks amazing in this art style! And while I do like the Kieran and Hawke versions, they aren't as amazing as she is. Just look at her!
 

And finally, I have another Prettygalpins tarot character card deck. This set is for the Kingdom of the Wicked series. These character decks are pretty expensive, and the shop artist keeps selling them like once or twice a month on top of some of the pins she also sells, so I'm not sure I'll be able to keep buying them. I'm going to have to start being picky about which ones I go for. I already know there's an upcoming deck that I won't be getting, but then again, I know of another one that's dropping super soon that I will need to buy. Yikes.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're having a blast at Apollycon! I really want to go one of these days, but then I see there's only a handful of authors I've read who are attending and as of now the list I made for next year I had less than 10 authors and I think I've met 9 of them...I know there was 1 I have yet to meet, so I can't seem to psych myself up for going for that. But then again, I do really want to go to one of these at least once! The Origin aka Mini Apollycon that I went to was fun, it as just a signing, but still fun. I don't think there was an exclusive book, but there was something exclusive...a book sleeve maybe? I can't remember, that was pre-Covid life. Lol.

    I just bought the B&N edition of Violet Made of Thorns as I once again skipped this Owl Crate since I figured it was in "another" sub box as well and I kept that one...pretty sure. Lol. If I like it enough, I might try to buy this one from their shop later on.

    Hope you enjoy your reads and that you're having the best time!


    Should you feel like visiting my post when you get back, it will be up! But I don't blame if you don't! I usually just scan the blogging highlights when I'm on vacation and get back to commenting when everything is back to normal! lol. ;)

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there were only 10 or so authors that I wanted to see at ApollyCon, but that just left room for sightseeing Saturday morning. Since I've done the sightseeing thing this year, I'm hoping next year I can enjoy more of the signings on Saturday and discover a few new authors. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!