Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Quick Recap of the KC Avril Lavigne Concert

So as you probably know by now if you read my last Stacking the Shelves post, I went to an Avril Lavigne concert this past weekend in Kansas City. Well, technically, it was a Machine Gun Kelly concert that Avril Lavigne had a set during. But as I'm not an MGK fan, I am choosing to call it an Avril concert. It was my first large non-work event since before COVID. And it was also my first concert since a Carrie Underwood one in my freshman year of college. Wow.
 

The opener for the concert was someone I'd never heard of before and likely won't hear of again, simply because I'm not into his type of music. His name is Iann Dior. I honestly couldn't remember a single one of his songs. But after him, Avril showed up.


We were pretty far away from the stage, in the raised seating section behind the floor area. That means most of my pics and videos are focused on the jumbo screens versus the actual stage. The stage was way too far away and the lights and fog too crazy to clearly see someone as tiny as Avril very clearly. But that was totally fine, as I knew going in that the stage wouldn't be super close. My friend and I paid for pretty cheap tickets.


She ended up playing eight songs solo, including Girlfriend, Bite Me, What the Hell, Complicated, My Happy Ending, Love It When You Hate Me, Sk8ter Boi, and I'm With You. She also came back on stage when MGK was performing to sing her song Bois Lie with him. After that, my friend and I left, because we weren't into MGK. We had to stick around for around a dozen of his songs before they ended up performing Bois Lie, though. However, we still got out of there before the traffic got all congested, thankfully.

 
Sadly, I was going to share a video or two with you from the event, but Blogger just will not let me upload them. And I really don't feel like doing any major editing to get these things posted, so instead, I'm just going to share the Youtube video of my favorite one of the songs she sang off her new album.

  Well, that's pretty much the event. I paid for a $6 bottle of water that I only drank half of because they had to pour the bottle into a plastic cup (something about people throwing bottle caps) but someone ended up touching my cup so I was only able to drink half of it. I truly don't see how they can legally not allow people a bottle when concerts could be kind of dangerous, especially with alcohol being served. Lots of potential to go wrong there, in my opinion. But yeah, other than that and some idiots smoking in the arena, it was fun. I damaged my hearing and my voice for the night, bought a t-shirt and CD, and, now, I need not go to a concert for another five to ten years. Haha. 
 
Oh, and before I forget, I did hang out with my friend for a couple of days too. We ate at some good restaurants and planned our ApollyCon trip later this month. It was a good time. I just wish the drive was shorter so we could hang out more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!