Saturday, August 8, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: The July FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This has not been a good week for a variety of reasons. Lots of work drama in the form of declined grant requests and me feeling sick for four days and taking a COVID test, just in case. (I feel fine now, btw.) Results for the test are pending. Ick.


A pleasant surprise for the week, however, was my July FairyLoot box, which came with no warning. Normally, I receive a tracking email, but not for this box. It just showed up on my doorstep. Unfortunately, the contents weren’t that great, in my opinion. The original book cover for Shielded is waaaay prettier than the green exclusive edition. If I end up liking this book, I may purchase the original and get rid of this edition, depending on how much I enjoy it. As for the other items, none of them really excited me. Plus, the little tray was broken. I emailed to request a new one, but it’s still annoying, especially for an item you don’t really want, but you still paid money for.


Other than the FairyLoot box, my parents bought me a hardcover copy of Children of Virtue and Vengeance at my local independent bookstore. I also started a free trial of Kindle Unlimited to get a free ebook copy of Silk & Steel. Now I just have to remember to cancel my membership in two months…

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I thought the blue coloring for the July book was prettier. I don't think the green goes well at all with the rest of the cover. When they decide to change a color, they usually do better to find one that coordinates with the rest, because it tends to be just one color change. Not their finest exclusive cover. If I do eventually read it, I might track down a blue one too if I enjoy it enough.

    Nice on the other books! I joined Kindle Unlimited temporarily just to read one book too. Never did "borrow" anything else in my two months. You can actually cancel whenever and you'll still get your two months. I think I canceled mine at the one month mark and was still told I had the other month to enjoy.

    Hope you enjoy the new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! That's good to know! I'll cancel soon then. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!