Saturday, August 22, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: The Happy Birthday to Me Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Today is my birthday, so of course I ordered a bunch of books for myself. It’s the perfect excuse to buy books.

From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall
Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
Crave by Tracy Wolff
The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

This isn’t the entire birthday haul, but it’s a large portion of it. Crave was actually an impulse buy since I’ve been on a Twilight-kick, so it wasn’t part of the original birthday purchase. I heard that it’s Twilight-esque, so I bought it off Amazon for like $8. The others are all ones I really want to dig into pretty soon. The only one I have read already is JLA’s From Blood and Ash, which I am now waiting for the sequel for. Just. One. More. Freakin’. Week. Until. It's. In. My. Hands.


Oh, and before I forget, I also downloaded the last two books in the Silk & Steel series by Ariana Nash via my free trial of Kindle Unlimited. One is the third book in the original trilogy and the other is a companion book. I still can't decide if I want to purchase these as paperbacks. The covers for the original trilogy are so gorgeous. I kind of want them on my shelves, but I can't justify the price right now. Maybe I'll see how I feel in a month or so.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I positively LOOOOVED Crave! It's definitely got a better twist than Twilight. I'm itching for Crush to release next month! I loved Serpent & Dove too! An amazing enemies to lovers tale and I still need to read From Blood & Ash! I am soo behind on some of my JLA books!

    I hope you have a fantastic birthday and enjoy all the lovely new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading Crave now. It seems like the typical paranormal YA story so far. I'm hoping that twist really makes me love it. I'm going to try to hold off on reading S&D as long as possible so I don't have to wait another year for book 3, but I don't think I can be that patient. The book sounds so good.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!