Saturday, August 29, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: The August Owlcrate Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week’s haul is ginormous. I did not mean for this to happen, but it did. All of these books, plus the books I bought for my birthday, mean I have added soooo many titles to my TBR. It’s going to be total chaos.

Witchling, Dragon Wytch, Harvest Hunting, Blood Wyne, Courting Darkness, Shaded Vision, Night Veil, Night Vision, and Night’s End by Yasmine Galenorn
The Reluctant Queen and The Queen of Sorry by Sarah Beth Durst

I went to visit my sister this past weekend. She lives in my old college town, so I decided to visit the used bookstore I used to frequent back when I lived there. I also brought a bunch of books to trade in for store credit. Unfortunately, they changed their trade/purchase policy to where you only get to trade for half of the cost of your order. This meant I had to spend $26.50 on all of these books. But for 11 books, that’s not a bad deal. Four are in really rough shape, but I figure I can read these copies and then purchase nicer ones later on because the Yasmine Galenorn covers are absolutely GORGEOUS.

My sister also gave me a mug as part of my birthday present. It’s cute and sisterly.

I ordered a paperback copy of Life and Death from Amazon on a whim a week or so ago, and it finally arrived. I think I mentioned last week how I was in a Twilight craze, and the idea of switching sexes for the characters really intrigued me now more than it did back when this book first came out. I also got Cast in Firelight via the publisher on NetGalley. I was super surprised I got approved for this.

Okay, so spoilers for the August Owlcrate are coming.


I decided to re-subscribe to Owlcrate. This month’s box is absolutely beautiful, so I’m glad I got it. I love every item! It’s all purple and pretty! It also has my first booksleeve, and it’s exactly the design I would gravitate towards if I had purchased my own. Plus, the pen and the pins and the clipboard are all super cute! Though the clipboard is a little small. I’m not sure how useful it will actually be, but it’s pretty. That’s what counts. Oh, and the book! Purple, silver, and absolutely amazing! It’s like Owlcrate designed this box just for me.

Okay, that’s it for this week’s haul. I think. This month’s wrap up is going to be a doozy, trying to get all of these books into one photo. Yikes.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! 11 books for $26.50 isn't bad at all! Especially since mass market paperbacks tend to run $7-8 each! And hardcover prices alone you're already getting a great deal here! Lol.

    Nice new reads all around! I ended up skipping this Owl Crate as well, but I do love the purple vibes of the cover! I'm excited for next month's spooky box so I'm looking forward to that one for sure!

    I hope you enjoy all the lovely new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually skipping next month's Owlcrate. Haha. I am not into the spooky. Lol

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!