Monday, June 1, 2020

May Wrap-Up & June TBR

Another successful reading month! I’m so happy that I’m finally back into reading stories. It feels awesome to be getting through my TBR too.

In the wrap-up portion, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in May


Their Fractured Light: 2.5/5 stars (my review)
From Blood and Ash: 3.5/5 stars (my review; not pictured)
Empire of Sand: 4/5 stars (my review)
Emblaze: 3/5 stars (review to come)
Allied: 3.5/5 stars (review to come) 
Reign of Shadows: 3/5 stars (review to come)

Six books is pretty good. I had to go back to work for a couple of weeks this month, so I didn’t have as much free time to read. Although, my body and mind really appreciated not being stuck at home for a while. Being stuck with my own thoughts and feelings causes a lot of anxiety. Ick. 

I am super excited to have knocked five books off my TBR that I'd bought pre-2020. While I bought a lot of books in May (as you'll see below), if you subtract the physical books I read this month from that pile, it's not as bad. Plus, two of the month's reads complete series. Yessssss!

Books Bought/Received in May


I bought so much in May. Sooooo much. Most of it won’t arrive until June, though. That includes my May and, possibly, June Fairyloot boxes, as well as my May Beacon Book Box (a single purchase, not a subscription). My Beacon box was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday, but is still in transit with USPS for some reason. Ugh. I’m crossing my fingers it arrives today.

As for the pictured books, I got all of them from Book Outlet for $61, except for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, which was a Mercari buy in April that arrived in May. I have another book coming in a separate Book Outlet order that just started its shipping process, so that’ll get here in June too. Oh, and I ordered the Fairyloot limited editions of S.A. Chakraborty’s Daevabad series, but those won’t arrive until late summer.

I almost forgot, I also bought Bonds of Brass via Kindle for $2.99. Like I said, it was a spending month. I think total, I spent around $250 on books and book boxes. Yikes. I guess that’s what happens when you have disposable income and can’t purchase anything because you’re stuck inside.

Currently Obsessed With

This month I had one obsession: That '70s show. I love me some Ashton Kutcher, and Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman is hilarious. However, I finished re-watching the episodes in the first couple of weeks of May, so I’m not as obsessed now that we’re reaching the end of the month. It was fun while it lasted, though.


For entertainment now, I’m currently watching a lot of Booktube. I’m also enjoying Gargoyles and catching up on the last couple of seasons of Once Upon a Time. That show, although cheesy, has such an awesome aesthetic.

Currently Reading/JuneTBR


I only finished two books on my May TBR list, so I’m not super invested in sticking to any of this month’s TBR either. House of Dragons is the only book I have to read, simply because I’m forming a high school reunion book club with a couple of friends and it’s our first book. (I’m already super behind on reading it because my May Beacon Book Box hasn’t arrived yet.) I'm also still chugging away at A Game of Thrones one chapter at a time, but there's no rush to finish that one.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of May, plus some June sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for this month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!