Saturday, June 6, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: The May Beacon Book Box Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Like I mentioned in my May wrap-up post, I purchased A LOT of books, including bookish subscription boxes. One of those was the May Fight for the Throne Beacon Book Box. I didn’t subscribe, but I did purchase a single order, simply because I knew what the book would be and I thought it would be fun to get a box full of book-related goodies related to the throne theme.


So, if you subscribe to the Beacon Book Box and haven’t received yours yet and you don’t want to be spoiled, I’d stop reading now. Though, my box took forever to get to me, so I doubt anyone else is waiting for theirs. At least, I hope no one else is waiting. I’ve learned how torturous it is to wait for subscription boxes to be delivered, and I hate it. I’m also currently waiting on my first Fairyloot box, and I am oh-so-impatient.

House of Dragons by Jessica Cluess

Okay, so you’re going to get my honest thoughts on some of these items. And, while I knew I wouldn’t love everything in the subscription box, I was hoping to love something. Unfortunately, I didn’t. Obviously, I love the book choice, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought the box, but the items were just alright.

So first off, we have the Marie Rutkoski quote mousepad. It’s a great idea, and I would’ve really enjoyed it, had the design been different. It’s simply not my thing, too floral for my tastes. I did take it to work, though, so I can use it when I end up getting a mouse there. Next, the Six of Crows character art. Now, I’m not the biggest Six of Crows fan, so maybe these just aren’t my type, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the art style. I also gave the Terrasen seeds to my mom, since I’m not a flower-type person. The other big item was the “Winter is coming” sleepmask. A good idea, but since the book was about dragons, I kind of hoped there’d be something Targaryen related in the box. My favorite items from the box were the Throne of Glass print and the Three Dark Crowns ornament, even though I haven’t read Three Dark Crowns.  

All in all, this simply wasn’t a box fit for my tastes this month. I think in the future, I’ll buy Beacon’s special collector boxes versus subscribing regularly. Nothing against Beacon, they’re a great box, but just not for me.

What books have you bought/received lately? Do you subscribe to any book-subscription boxes? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Yeah, waiting for book boxes is tough. Especially when people get theirs right away and post all the spoilers without warning. But at least you knew what the book was ahead of time and was the reason you bought it! I still need to read this one myself, but it is in my TBR pile! I did subscribe to the Beacon Box goodies only awhile back just to get the Caraval alternative covers they had going! It was totally worth it to me! Lol!

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot they did the Caraval covers. And yep spoilers suck, but I already know I'm going to be looking as soon as someone unboxes theirs. I have zero patience.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!