Saturday, May 9, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: The Booktube-Made-Me-Do-It Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I’m kind of disappointed in myself for buying this one… *sigh*

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

I used to own the first two Daughter of Smoke and Bone books in the US hardcover editions, but I got rid of them. I just could never make myself pick them up. The one time I tried many years ago, I read that the main character had blue hair and decided the book wasn’t for me. (I’ve never, personally, been a fan of colorfully dyed hair on my protagonists. It’s a weird reading quirk that I’ve grown out of a little. Do you have any weird reading quirks?)

However, I kept hearing how great this series was from many, MANY booktubers, and one day, when a booktuber was talking about the UK edition of Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I decided to look for it on Mercari. Simply because the cover was pretty. I randomly got a notification that someone was selling a copy for $20, so I went for it on a whim. Do I regret my decision? A little. Yes.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. I hope this time you will like the book! I think I might have tried reading this one a bit, but couldn't get into it. I can't remember really. Might have been a time when I pulled it off the bookshelf at the store to sample it a bit, but it wasn't my kind of read.

    I hope you will enjoy it this time around though!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!