Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Empire of Gold by S. A. Chakraborty

 "Can’t-Wait Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Wishful Endings, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...


The Empire of Gold
(The Daevabad Trilogy #3)
Publication Date: June 30, 2020
Hardcover, 784 pages, Harper Voyager
Genres: Adult, Fantasy

The final chapter in the bestselling, critically acclaimed Daevabad Trilogy, in which a con-woman and an idealistic djinn prince join forces to save a magical kingdom from a devastating civil war.

Daevabad has fallen.

After a brutal conquest stripped the city of its magic, Nahid leader Banu Manizheh and her resurrected commander, Dara, must try to repair their fraying alliance and stabilize a fractious, warring people.

But the bloodletting and loss of his beloved Nahri have unleashed the worst demons of Dara’s dark past. To vanquish them, he must face some ugly truths about his history and put himself at the mercy of those he once considered enemies.

Having narrowly escaped their murderous families and Daevabad’s deadly politics, Nahri and Ali, now safe in Cairo, face difficult choices of their own. While Nahri finds peace in the old rhythms and familiar comforts of her human home, she is haunted by the knowledge that the loved ones she left behind and the people who considered her a savior are at the mercy of a new tyrant. Ali, too, cannot help but look back, and is determined to return to rescue his city and the family that remains. Seeking support in his mother’s homeland, he discovers that his connection to the marid goes far deeper than expected and threatens not only his relationship with Nahri, but his very faith.

As peace grows more elusive and old players return, Nahri, Ali, and Dara come to understand that in order to remake the world, they may need to fight those they once loved . . . and take a stand for those they once hurt.

My Thoughts

I just recently finished The City of Brass, and I’m barely holding off the urge to read book two in this trilogy, The Kingdom of Copper. The only reason I’m waiting is because I want to purchase all three books from Fairyloot. They’re selling special editions with the UK covers. And, while normally, I’m the weirdo who likes the US covers better, in this case, the UK versions are the prettiest. Only a couple more months to go until I can binge the last two books and have the pretty copies in my hands.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh! I've been hearing lots of good things about this series! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cover and I've seen it around quite a bit today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! Been hearing a lot of buzz over this one! Hope you love it too!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good! Hope you get your hands the last two books soon.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover! Hope you're able to buy them all like you want to!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!