Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Seasons of the Storm by Elle Cosimano

 "Can’t-Wait Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Wishful Endings, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Seasons of the Storm
(Seasons of the Storm #1)
Publication Date: June 23, 2020
Hardcover, 480 pages, HarperTeen
Genres: YA, Fantasy

One cold, crisp night, Jack Sommers was faced with a choice—live forever according to the ancient, magical rules of Gaia, or die.

Jack chose to live, and in exchange, he became a Winter—an immortal physical embodiment of the season on Earth. Every year, he must hunt the Season who comes before him. Summer kills Spring. Autumn kills Summer. Winter kills Autumn. And Spring kills Winter.

Jack and Fleur, a Winter and a Spring, fall for each other against all odds. To be together, they’ll have to escape the cycle that’s been forcing them apart. But their creator won’t let them go without a fight.



My Thoughts

This one doesn’t have the greatest of reviews, but its cover is stunning. Plus, it’s an interesting concept that I’m still curious to read about. Physical embodiments of seasons sounds pretty cool. I imagine it’ll be like Jack Frost and Frozen meets Avatar the Last Airbender. If I lower my expectations, I think it could be a fun, magical read.



Plus, the character art for this series is beautiful. These were created by @morgana0anagrom.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. I can’t wait to read this one too! It sounds amazing.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh GREAT pick today!! ;)


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love the character are! I'm hoping to enjoy this one too. Maybe I'll try to go in with no expectations. That is hard to do though.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It's hard to go into a story like that, especially when it looks pretty on the outside.

      Delete
  4. Oooh! This book sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful cover. I hope you enjoy it. I am definitely interested as well! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!