Thursday, November 30, 2017

My Thoughts on the Love, Simon Trailer

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the newly released Love, Simon trailer. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below:


My thoughts before watching the trailer: Okay, so I have to admit before I even get into the trailer review that I’ve been getting a little sick of hearing about Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. (And, in case you don’t know, Simon vs. was a YA contemporary gay love story that’s been adapted for the big screen and renamed Love, Simon.)

I LOVED Simon vs. when I first read it. It was cute and fun and totally adorable. However, people just won’t shut up about it on Twitter. It’s gotten to the point where the hype has almost killed it for me, which makes me a little sad. Hopefully the movie trailer fixes that.

My thoughts after watching the trailer: LOL. That ending, though. Everything else pales in comparison to that line: “Oh, God. Help me Jesus.” I’m just going to rewatch that snippet over and over again.

But seriously, it was a good trailer. It’s got a nice, contemporary outline and feel to it. Simon narrates his life and his woes to the world, and we listen with bated breath.

It’s cute. I love the casting choices, minus one detail that I won’t even bother mentioning. Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel look fabulous, and Nick Robinson is alright. I originally loved his casting choice, but he does look a little old in the trailer to be playing a teen. Not sure how I feel about that. (Nick’s age isn’t the detail I’m not going to mention.)

I’m not over-the-moon about the trailer, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be seeing this movie in theaters as long as I have the $$$ to do so. I also really need to reread the book because I don’t know if half the things in the trailer are book events or not. *sigh* The life of a reader…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!