Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Reign of the Earth by A.C. Gaughen

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Reign of the Earth
(The Elementae #1)
Publication Date: January 30, 2018
Hardcover, 448 pages, Bloomsbury
Genres: YA, Fantasy

Shalia is a proud daughter of the desert, but after years of devastating war with the adjoining kingdom, her people are desperate for peace. Willing to trade her freedom to ensure the safety of her family, Shalia becomes Queen of the Bonelands.

But she soon learns that her husband, Calix, is motivated only by his desire to exterminate the Elementae—mystical people who can control earth, wind, air, and fire. Even more unsettling are Shalia’s feelings for her husband’s brother, which unleash a power over the earth she never knew she possessed—a power that could get her killed. As rumors of a rebellion against Calix spread, Shalia must choose between the last chance for peace and her own future as an Elementae.

This intense, richly drawn high-fantasy by the author of Scarlet will hold readers spellbound.

My Thoughts

I’m curious about this one. I really enjoyed Gaughen’s Scarlet series about Robin Hood, so hopefully, this one is just as good, if not better. I’m a little curious to see how the husband/brother-in-law love triangle will be set up. While I tend to hate love triangles, this one is weird enough for a YA series to have me intrigued.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I just finished this one today! It was pretty awesome being my first book of hers! I hope you will love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. That gives me hope I'll like it too. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm excited about this book! I didn't love Gaughen's debut trilogy BUT this book sounds really cool. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Shell. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you enjoy it if you get the chance to read it!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!