Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

The Wish Granter
(Ravenspire #2)
Publication Date: February 14, 2017
Hardcover, 432 pages, Balzer + Bray
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Fairytale Retelling

The world has turned upside down for Thad and Ari Glavan, the bastard twins of SĂșndraille’s king. Their mother was murdered. The royal family died mysteriously. And now Thad sits on the throne of a kingdom whose streets are suddenly overrun with violence he can’t stop.

Growing up ignored by the nobility, Ari never wanted to be a proper princess. And when Thad suddenly starts training Ari to take his place, she realizes that her brother’s ascension to the throne wasn’t fate. It was the work of a Wish Granter named Alistair Teague who tricked Thad into wishing away both the safety of his people and his soul in exchange for the crown.

So Ari recruits the help of Thad’s enigmatic new weapons master, Sebastian Vaughn, to teach her how to fight Teague. With secret ties to Teague’s criminal empire, Sebastian might just hold the key to discovering Alistair’s weaknesses, saving Ari’s brother—and herself.

But Teague is ruthless and more than ready to destroy anyone who dares stand in his way—and now he has his sights set on the princess. And if Ari can’t outwit him, she’ll lose Sebastian, her brother…and her soul.

My Thoughts

This one comes out next week! I thought it was going to be out later, sometime in the spring. It’s crazy how fast these book releases are popping up. I’m so behind on buying and reading all of them.

As for The Wish Granter, I read The Shadow Queen last year and thought it was a pretty solid fairytale retelling. That one was about Snow White, and this one’s about Rumpelstiltskin. I’m not a huge fan of Rumple, even on the show Once Upon a Time (he’s okay, but I like Belle more). Hopefully this story surprises me, because I really enjoy Redwine’s writing and her love interests. ;)

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I still need to read the first book of this series! I love fairy tale retellings!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this author but this sounds like a series that I would enjoy. These books do seem to come up quickly don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm so behind on buying so many good sequels.

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I love fairy tale retelling! I hope this book is good!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!