Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Defy the Stars
(Untitled #1)
Publication Date: April 4, 2017
Hardcover, 512 pages, Little, Brown Books
Genres: YA, Sci-Fi

Noemi Vidal is a teen soldier from the planet Genesis, once a colony of Earth that's now at war for its independence. The humans of Genesis have fought Earth's robotic "mech" armies for decades with no end in sight.

After a surprise attack, Noemi finds herself stranded in space on an abandoned ship where she meets Abel, the most sophisticated mech prototype ever made. One who should be her enemy. But Abel's programming forces him to obey Noemi as his commander, which means he has to help her save Genesis--even though her plan to win the war will kill him.

Together they embark on a daring voyage through the galaxy. Before long, Noemi begins to realize Abel may be more than a machine, and, for his part, Abel's devotion to Noemi is no longer just a matter of programming.

My Thoughts

I featured this a few weeks back as my favorite cover of 2017 (so far). Isn’t it gorgeous?! I’m sure the inside will be just as good as the outside, but I just love ogling it.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. I didn't know Claudia had a new book coming out! *heads to Goodreads* CLICK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Been seeing a lot of this one around lately! I'm intrigued yet hesitant. Space books are kind of hit or miss for me. But I'm definitely keeping an eye on it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read a lot of space books, either, but Gray's Star Wars books have been getting good buzz, so she should be able to pull this off well.

      Delete
  3. Gray's books are hit-or-miss for me, so I'm actually going to skip this one! The only one I *really* liked was Fateful (which was AWESOME). I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Shell!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Fateful. It was good, even though the subject seemed super kooky.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I like the sparkle thing going on with the cover. Got me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds awesome and I love the cover!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one coming up soon. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!