Saturday, February 4, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Last Semester of Grad School Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I didn’t have any fiction books to share this week, so I thought I’d share some of the textbooks and other nonfiction books I’ve acquired for academic reasons.

The Artful Edit by Susan Bell
Edit Yourself by Bruce Ross-Larson
The Best American Essays (2016) edited by Jonathan Franzen
You Can’t Make This Stuff Up by Lee Gutkind
New Perspectives on Technical Editing edited by Avon J. Murphy
Developmental Editing by Scott Norton
Microsoft Manual of Style
Writing Software Documentation by Thomas T. Barker
The Teacher’s Grammar of English by Ron Cowan

The editing books are for my degree paper, while the other books for my classes. The larger ones are ridiculously annoying to haul across campus.

What books have you bought/received lately?

8 comments:

  1. Dang! That's a lot of school books! Hope they prove useful! Heehee!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books for school. How are you going to read them all.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm not. Grad school is all about skimming. ;)

      Delete
  3. You poor thing! I liked school but I do not miss carrying heavy books like that around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY TEXTBOOKS! I haven't bought any for this semester (yet). Mostly I just don't want to buy any. It's my last semester (as an undergrad - though I'm not doing grad school in the near future, so really it's my last semester for a loooong time) so I just don't want to, you know? Enjoy the textbooks, Shell!

    Have a fantastic weekend. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!