Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Movie Trailer Thoughts: Alice 2: Through the Looking Glass

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the new Alice in Wonderland 2: Through the Looking Glass trailer. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below:


I’m ridiculously excited for this movie. I watched the first one thinking “Eh, it’ll be alright, I guess,” but I was WRONG. So wrong. It was epic. So now this movie has some big shoes to fill. But from the looks of the trailer, I think it’ll be okay. I have to be honest, though, I forgot this movie was coming out in 2016 until I saw the teaser trailer. Don’t judge me. It’s been a rough semester.

I’m not sure exactly what Alice is wearing in the beginning of the trailer. It’s very colorful… (Please forgive me if this is significant to the book. I haven’t read Through the Looking-Glass, yet.) I’m also not 100% sure I like the villain in this one. I’m not a huge fan of clocks and time. That sounds weird, right? I don’t really know how to explain it. I guess time-travel villains like Zelena from Once Upon a Time and storylines like hers just aren’t my favorite, so I’m hoping the same issues won’t pop up in this movie.

Those are probably my only grumblings about this trailer. Otherwise, everything looked fantastic! Johnny Depp looked crazy and amazing, as always. Ditto for Helena Bonham Carter. I especially loved when the Mad Hatter was “scared” of the Red Queen coming back—or at least, that’s how the trailer made it appear. I also like the queen’s laugh at Time’s gift. I actually laughed out loud like a maniac at this while my roommate was in the next room. She probably thought I was insane.

I’m also really excited that all of the cast is the same. Anne Hathaway is back! Her character was so weird in the first movie, but I still love the White Queen, regardless. She’s just so airy and floaty. And Alan Rickman is voicing the Blue Caterpillar again! YES! And supposedly, Stephen Fry was the voice of the Chesire Cat in Alice in Wonderland, but for some reason, his voice sounded different in this trailer. Hmm…

All in all, I can’t wait to see this movie. And I will be seeing it, of that you can be sure. Oh, and remember, “We’re all mad here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!