Saturday, October 24, 2015

Stacking the Shelves: The Plastic-y Library Sale Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme that is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I bought some books, but this doesn’t break my ban. I knew about this before I started banning myself.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
MLA Handbook by Joseph Gibaldi & Phyllis Franklin
In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
Talon by Julie Kagawa
Empower by Jessica Shirvington
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Eragon by Christopher Paolini

I went to my town’s biannual library sale and got all of these books for $16!!! I might even go back before it’s over and add some more to this list, but as of this moment, this is all.

Right now, most of these have that nasty library plastic on them. ICK! I plan on cutting it off since it’s not the kind that is permanently glued to the cover. I’ve done this before and it was really easy to get off, minus one little spot on the inside covers where the plastic has been glued to the endpapers. I might make a post about this, just because it was so ingenious that I made my books go from nasty library-esque to pretty newness with only a few snips of my scissors.

All in all, it was a good haul. I was getting worried when I first started shopping, just because I couldn’t find books without the plastic, but once I remembered I could cut it off, I went a little nuts.

Oh, and the writing books are for my profession, not for fun. They were just cheap.
  
What books have you bought/received lately?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! You are in for a treat with Outlander ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched the show, and it was fantastic! I'm hoping the book is even better! :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OUTLANDER!! I hope you really enjoy that one, it's one of my favorite books. I haven't read the whole series yet, but all the books I've read are amazing <3 And I also really like Talon :) Julie Kagawa is great!
    Happy reading!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to start it at some point! I love the TV show. And I agree, Julie is fantastic. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Great haul for an amazing price!! I really liked Talon and Eragon. Outlander and a few others are on my TBR. I hope you enjoy all these! Happy Reading!

    Jamie @ Vailia’s Page Turner .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to get to Talon, I just can't decide if I want to wait until the third book is out, so I don't have to wait as long between sequels... I've already read Eragon and it's definitely a good fantasy read. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!