Saturday, October 31, 2015

Stacking the Shelves: The Halloween (But Not Really) Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme that is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Bought only one book. And it’s a book I’ve been dying to get my hands on for waaaaay too long.


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

I had to wait to get this book from Left Bank Books until October 27th—that’s three weeks after the release date!!!! I waited because I had to purchase a copy there in order to get into Rainbow’s signing (recap will be up soon).



I also got two swag packs today for pre-ordering both Carry On and Leigh Bardugo’s Six of Crows. I would have hauled the Six of Crows swag earlier, if not for the mean USPS people. (Nah, they’re not mean, just inconvenient.) Anywho, thanks Fierce Reads and St. Martin's Griffin!

What books have you bought/received lately?


Oh, and Happy Halloween! I hope it’s a magical one!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! That's awesome you were able to get your copy signed, even if you DID have to wait a bit to buy the book. I really hope to start this one soon. I'm so excited!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the wait was worth it. I was just hoping to get my hands on it sooner. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Happy Halloween! I hope you had a good one! I haven't Carry On yet, I keep forgetting. I just finished reading Six of Crows and I LOVED IT!!! Awesome swag pack!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've actually done the opposite. I just finished Carry On and I haven't picked up Six of Crows yet. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible until it's closer to Book #2's release date. :)

      Delete
  3. You have a handful of awesome and good looking books here! So many genres and beautiful covers! Happy reading and can't wait to see what you think about them! :)

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2015/11/stacking-shelves-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun swag :-) Still on the fence out Carry On. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm on the fence about it too. I'll actually have a discussion post about it soon. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!