Monday, October 5, 2015

I Am a Book-Buying Addict and This is My Solution.

Okay, guys. It’s that time of year. I just need to slow it down. Slow it waaaay down. I just can’t help myself lately, but it has to stop. This addiction has to stop. For the moment.

I just need to say it loud and say it proud. I AM A BOOK-BUYING ADDICT AND I HAVE A PROBLEM.

Okay, so it’s not necessarily a “problem.” It’s more of a minor inconvenience that could turn into a problem at this point. Why? Because lately I’ve been spending a lot of money on books (I say a lot of money, but I’m still doing better than average—minus being a college kid who’s in thousands of dollars’ worth of debt). And I don’t really have a lot of space for these books. And I don’t want to get rid of any books right now. So I’m doing the thing every book lover hates to do.

I am going on a BOOK-BUYING BAN. *GASP!*

You heard me (read me?). I just need to slow my roll. During the summer I wasn’t reading a lot because of Netflix, but now I’m not watching Netflix and I’m reading. This results in a lot of money spent on books I see floating around the Booktube or book blog community. It needs to stop. I need to read the books I buy, before I buy any new ones.

So my book-buying ban goal is as follows: I will only buy one book AFTER I have read five of the books I already own. However, there are three exceptions. Exception #1) If there is a book I really want on Book Outlet and there are less than 10 copies left, I can buy that book. Exception #2) If a book that I really want comes out and I haven’t pre-ordered it (i.e. Winter), I can buy it only on Amazon. (Amazon is cheap. Sorry, but I’m a college kid. Plus I have Prime.) Exception #3) My local library sale is coming up. I have determine I can spend less than $50 there. Hopefully, I won't even need that amount.

That right there is my book-buying ban goal. What kind of book-buying bans have you guys put yourselves on? Or have you never felt the need to do so? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!