Monday, September 21, 2015

Allegiant Trailer Thoughts and Part 2 Title Reaction

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the new Allegiant trailer. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below:


The first part of the trailer just goes through and briefly summarizes what happened in the past two movies. I thought that was kind of useless. Instead of putting so much info in there about Divergent and Insurgent, they could have put in more clips from Allegiant. I think that makes sense, right? No other movie trailer takes us back in time like this one does.

After the blast-from-the-past scenes, the trailer moves on to the gang climbing over the wall. I seriously don’t remember this being in the book. Actually, I don’t remember any of the book, so of course I don’t remember any of what’s being shown (if it’s even the same). If you know the major differences, you should definitely comment below and let me know. Obviously, I’m too lazy to look them up myself. ;)

I do like all of the Theo James action scenes. They’re very nice. Very, very nice. Although, there is one where he’s blowing his cheeks out and it kind of made me chuckle. He looked like a blowfish. Now, Shailene Woodley, she’s someone I’m sure you’ve all recognized by now that I have a very like/hate relationship with. She was good in The Fault in Our Stars, but I didn’t care for her very much in the first Divergent movie. She was just a’ight. I still don’t feel like she’s a really good fit for Theo James/ Four, though. They just seem like total opposites. However, Shailene was better in Insurgent. I actually really enjoyed her in that one—minus all of her random screams and grunts. Let’s hope she keeps up the momentum.

All in all, I’m looking forward to this movie—I’m just not looking forward to waiting another year until Part 2 releases. (Stupid film companies. Splitting movies that don’t need split.) I’m also happy they’re branching out of Veronica Roth’s world, because, honestly, Allegiant the book was a hot mess to me. I’m also kind of intrigued by the Part 2 title Ascendant. I just hope the ending of that movie is completely different from Roth’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!