Monday, June 15, 2015

My Thoughts on the ABC Family Shadowhunters (The Mortal Instruments) TV Show


I’m sure everyone has heard by now that ABC Family is in the process of creating a television show for Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series. If you haven’t heard about this, then where the heck have you been? It’s all over the internet right now. If you want to learn more, I’d suggest heading on over to Mundie Moms, they pretty much know it all when it comes to Cassandra Clare, and I know for a fact that they’re following the news about this TV show very closely. And, because I feel like everyone else has shared their opinion on the TV show, I thought I’d share too.

First off, the title of the show. I like it. Instead of calling the show The City of Bones or The Mortal Instruments, ABC is calling it Shadowhunters. I think the new title gives the show a modern feel and it’s just way cooler than the other two possibilities. Honestly, if I’d heard the title mentioned and I hadn’t read the books, I probably would have wanted to watch it, just because the title is so darn cool.

The big thing to talk about is the cast. And I have to say, so far I freakin’ love the cast. Really all I was hoping for as casting rumors were swiveling around was that Alec would be played by somebody that I felt looked like Alec. He’s my favorite character, so of course I’m going to take a vested interest in his appearance. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Matthew Daddario is a babe.

I also love the diversity element of the cast. Isaiah Mustafa is an awesome pick for Luke. I’m just not sure about his character arc:

Luke Garroway is an NYPD detective investigating a string of "demonic" murders. Luke feels a fatherly instinct to protect Clary, a strong affection for Jocelyn and has secrets of his own. Once a strong and powerful Shadowhunter, he has since become the thing he once hated most – a werewolf pack leader.

And Emeraude Toubia looks like she could kick some serious butt as Izzy.

Here’s a pic I found on Mundie Moms of the whole cast. Mundie Moms said it was made by a fan:


The cast is also really nice. They’ve been tweeting and sharing videos galore. This makes me really happy because if they love what they’re doing and they’re nice to the fans, this show could really see some movement.

All in all, I’m really excited about this show. I’m way more excited about this than I was about the movie (I was never a huge fan of Jamie Campbell Bower) and I think they’re doing good things with the story, which is all a fan can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!