Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
Publication Date: May 12, 2015
Paperback, 368 pages, Swoon Reads
Genres: YA, Contemporary

In the tradition of Alice Hoffman’s Practical Magic, one girl chooses to change her fortune and her fate by falling in love.

Love is real in the town of Grimbaud, and Fallon Dupree has dreamed of attending high school there for years. After all, generations of Duprees have successfully followed the (100% accurate!) love fortunes from Zita’s famous Love Charms Shop to happily marry their high school sweethearts. It’s a tradition. So she is both stunned and devastated when her fortune states that she will NEVER find love.

Fortunately, Fallon isn’t the only student with a terrible love fortune, and a rebellion is brewing. Fallon is determined to take control of her own fate—even if it means working with a notorious heartbreaker like Sebastian.

Will Fallon and Sebastian be able to overthrow Zita’s tyranny and fall in love?

My Thoughts

So I actually didn’t read the blurb for this book until I decided to post it as my WoW… I’m not sure how I feel about the premise, but that cover is so AMAZING! I wish it was coming out in hardcover. Book nerd problems. *sigh*

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. I think I already have this on my TBR list, hmm. I totally agree with you about the cover. It looks gorgeous! I just hope it'll be a good book too, not only one with a pretty cover. :D

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you really could tell if a book was good or not based on its cover, life would be so much simpler then... ;)

      Delete
  2. Your thoughts are spot on! The cover it what MAKES you want to read the blurb! Great Pick This Week!

    My WoW

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That's a perfect description of how I feel!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for this book! I hope you like it!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-hard-to-be-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd buy it just for the cover! The book sounds really cute, too. I just love Swoon reads, they put out some great books. great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! This book will be bought, if not for the plot, then for the pretty cover. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!