Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Ash & Bramble
Publication Date: September 15, 2015
Hardcover, 464 pages, HarperTeen
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Fairytale-Retelling

When the glass slipper just doesn’t fit…

The tale of Cinderella has been retold countless times. But what you know is not the true story.

Pin has no recollection of who she is or how she got to the Godmother’s fortress. She only knows that she is a Seamstress, working day in and out to make ball gowns fit for fairy tales. But she longs to forsake her backbreaking servitude and dares to escape with the brave young Shoemaker.

Pin isn’t free for long before she’s captured again and forced to live the new life the Godmother chooses for her—a fairy tale story, complete with a charming prince—instead of finding her own happily ever after.

Sarah Prineas’s bold fairy tale retelling is a dark and captivating world where swords are more fitting than slippers, young shoemakers are just as striking as princes, and a heroine is more than ready to rescue herself before the clock strikes midnight.

My Thoughts

This cover is gorgeous, and this is another fantasy, fairytale-retelling. I’m super excited!

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this book. Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy the book!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-until-july-until.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for this book! That cover is so beautiful and awesome! Great pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for this one, too! I love retellings :D Great pick, hope you love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing! I love retelling's, they're so close to my heart. Can't wait for this one, either.

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-aeronauts-windlass.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!