Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February Wrap-Up & March TBR

February was a really bad month at first, but things got better in the last couple of weeks. I also had a great reading month, which didn't bode well for my physical health. I've been eating too much and not doing enough workouts. Ugh. The conundrum that is trying to read more while still having to go to work and exercise. But, let's move on from that terrible stressor and talk about books.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in February


Mysteries of Thorn Manor: 4.5 stars
Broken Bonds: 4.5 stars
Savage Bonds: 4 stars (KU ebook)
Blood Bonds: 4 stars (KU ebook)
Forced Bonds: 3.5 stars (KU ebook)
Tragic Bonds: 4 stars (KU ebook)
Unbroken Bonds: 3 stars (KU ebook)
Don't You Dare: 3.5 stars (KU ebook)
To Bleed a Crystal Bloom: 2 stars (KU ebook)
Frost: 3 stars (KU ebook)
The Bone Shard Daughter: 4 stars (review to come)
Untainted: 4.5 stars (KU ebook)

I read 12 books in February, which is quite a bit for how icky I felt at the beginning of the month. I'm actually quite proud of it, especially with February being a short month. I've also made some progress on the ApollyCon books I need to read, so yay! Only three of the books I read in February were physical copies. Those include Mysteries of Thorn Manor by Margaret Rogerson, Broken Bonds by J.Bree, and The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart. The rest of the books were all from Kindle Unlimited and those include the remaining five books in J. Bree's Bonds That Tie series, Don't You Dare by C.E. Ricci, To Bleed a Crystal Bloom by Sarah A. Parker, Frost by C.N. Crawford, and Untainted by Lilian T. James. Broken Bonds and The Bone Shard Daughter are the only books I owned prior to 2023. Oh, and fun fact. I had to edit my wrap-up at 9 p.m. Tuesday night (Feb. 28), the last day of the month, because I sped-read Untainted. It was very good.

Books Bought/Received in February


I have a bigger haul than I realized I would this month, though I do know 100% that I once again spent too much money on books. I think it'll be that way until after ApollyCon, though. Ugh. In total, I bought 12 books and received 16 total books.

The books I bought in February include one ebook novella I ordered via Kindle (Dream of You by Jennifer L. Armentrout), seven physical books that arrived in February, and four preorders. The physical books I bought and received include Seven Faceless Saints by M.K. Lobb, Blood & Steel by Helen Scheuerer, The Housing of Pounding Hearts by Olivia Wildenstein, and four books in Jennifer L. Armentrout's Wait for You series: Be With Me, Trust in Me, Stay With Me, and Fall With You. All of the books except the Wait for You series were ordered via Barnes & Noble, while the Wait for You books came from Pangobooks. The four preorders include the February adult FairyLoot book and the Russian edition of FBAA that both haven't arrived yet, as well as two ApollyCon preorders, the hardcover of The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole and The House of Beating Wings by Olivia Wildenstein. 

As for what I received in February, I had three FairyLoot preorders show up: Spice Road by Maiya Ibrahim, The River of Silver by Shannon Chakraborty (one copy had a scratch, so I received a replacement) and Heart of the Sun Warrior by Sue Lynn Tan. For review, I got two NetGalley books, A Door in the Dark by Scott Reingten and The Blighted Stars by Megan E. O'Keefe. I can't open A Door in the Dark on my Kindle app for some reason, though. I also received a free novella ebook called A Kingdom of Gods and Ruin from Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti and The Summer King novella bundle by Jennifer L. Armentrout, which I used Kindle credits to purchase, so no money was spent. Woohoo!

Currently Obsessed With

I'm still rewatching The Office when I eat or need something to play in the background, like right now as I'm writing this post. I also rewatched a lot of my favorite films while I was feeling blah, such as Ever After, How to Train Your Dragon 2, The Labyrinth, parts of 2005's Pride & Prejudice, and Shrek 1 and 2. but I do have a few other shows and films I've watched as well.

I'm still watching Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show, Wolf Pack, with my mom, even though it's not quite the werewolf show I wanted it to be. I also watched one episode of the Rings of Power LOTR show on Amazon Prime. I'd like to watch more episodes, but it takes a lot of brain power to focus on that show, so I've been putting it off. I'm also watching The Last of Us with my mom. It's good, but slow and not worth all the hype so far, with the exception of one episode. And, I went to see Ant-Man: Quantumania with my dad. It was okay. Like most MCU films lately, the writing is bizarre and the CGI is too heavy.

March TBR

In March, like February, I'm continuing to read books by 2023 ApollyCon attending authors. Some examples include What Lies Beyond the Veil by Harper L. Woods, A Cursed Kiss by Jenny Hickman, and River of Shadows by Karina Halle. I also am currently reading The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart, since I got books two and three from the publisher for review.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of February, plus some March sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. What a great month!! I just came back to blogging, so my March is going to look real good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I know I fall in and out of it all the time! It's hard to blog and have other responsibilities. It was easy in college. 😄

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!