Saturday, March 25, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The February FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been meh. I've been ill again. Not the C-word, just some stomach nonsense. If I was sad at all about leaving my parents' house, this week of grossness settled the matter. They eat a lot of food, and I have no self-control, so I need to get out for my own personal health. Lol. But other than that, I found out I won my previous job a lot of money, so yay for new resume material! Though now I think my current job is going to make me miserable with so many grants opening. They want to apply for everything. And I'm only one person. And I have a vacation next month. Sigh.


First up for this week's haul is my February FairyLoot Adult book. And yes, I'm just now getting it at the end of May. It sat at the warehouse for so long with no update other than the label being created. Super annoying. But, now I have it, and it's pretty. Though I prefer the cover of the regular UK edition, this one isn't bad, and the inside foiling is lovely. Oh, and I did cancel my subscription to the YA FairyLoot box. I just realized I've only read like half of the 2022 books and of those, I've sold or will sell three. The book picks just aren't to my tastes anymore. I like adult fantasy, not YA, sadly.


Next, I have a print order from A Touch of Magic Designs. Well, technically, I made the order for the Twilight bakery pin. I don't collect all of ATOMD's bakery pins, but this one was pretty enough for me to get. I also ordered a Zodiac Academy print of Darius and Orion snuggling (aww...) and one of Poppy from FBAA. The order came with a free magnet of Gabriel from the Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series and a print of Rowan and Aelin from Throne of Glass. I'd actually emailed ATOMD to see if I could swap my free print, but unsurprisingly, they didn't answer my email in time. They have been so bad about emails the past few months. It's beyond irritating.
 

 And lastly, I have a couple of Kindle Unlimited books: Take Me Apart by Brea Alepou and Skyler Snow and Iced Out by C.E. Ricci. They're both just books I read to try to stay out of a complete reading slump. They're contemporary MM romance books. One's about the mafia and the other about hockey. Those tend to be pretty quick reads for me, if they're decent. These were both good. Nothing amazing, but entertaining nonetheless.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I'm on the brink of canceling my Fairy Loot Adult Book Only box as those picks haven't really been ones that interested me. I was trying to hold out until September or October when I feel like Kerri Maniscalco's new adult spinoff to Kingdom of the Wicked might be the pick. I feel like I've heard some hush hush whispers about it...it's only speculation though. Sadly I'm down to 1 skip so I might be cancelling it before then unless they get some really awesome picks. But I feel like it will be a stretch, I skipped April already, so I'm looking at 5-6 months of books until my possible guess of that one! Lol.

    Yeah, I've found ATOMD is realllly backed up with emails, I try adding a note to my order to swap out the free print for another. But though I know I sent a note and I did get the print I wanted, they still sent me this TOG one. I am not a TOG fan at all, so I hate getting it. I don't know if they included it as an "extra" extra, as I had my November order go totally missing, then my December order was missing a print I paid for but didn't get, and I think there might have been 1 more minor issue...but I can't remember. Everything was resolved when I got my February order, but yeah...they're not super great with communication, though I was trying to reach her during her move, so I was trying to be understanding, but sometimes it's hard when you just get radio silence! I do recommend trying to put in a note in the shopping cart, usually right before you hit that "checkout" button! I've had to stop my checkout process when I realized I forgot said note once! Starting to think I need to add to my note, no "TOG" themed items just because there was a reason why I wanted to switch the print out! Lol.

    Nice new reads all in all! I did end up skipping the February Adult book as it didn't sound like one I would want to read. It does look pretty though! Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so tired of collecting unwanted SJM swag. While I like her books, I generally don't want the stuff clogging up my space. I'm going to try to have an SJM swag sale eventually. I just need to get it all together first. Ugh

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!