Saturday, March 18, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Wednesday Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been crazy. I signed a lease for a new place, and I'm trying to come to terms with moving out of my parents' house for the third time. While I'm super happy to be moving out because I can finally have my own library as well as peace and my own space to live that isn't just a single bedroom or a studio apartment, part of me is thinking I'm silly for paying rent when I have a free place right now. But it's time. I'm mentally and physically ready. It's just some weird emotions and finances causing minor doubts.


But let's talk about book stuff. That's what you're here for. First up is the free swag I received from Chest of Fandoms, a German subscription box, as a goodie apology gift for their A Shadow in the Ember edition taking too long and having messed up sprayed edges. Personally, I didn't care about the wait or the edges, but I know many people did. Chest of Fandoms sent a notebook with some character art inside, a double-sided bookmark, and a sticker.


Next, I have a print order from A Million World Designs of Poppy and Hawke. The shop also sent two Wednesday bookmarks as well. I was so confused when I opened the package for this order and saw the bright pink girl on the bookmark. I only recognized her as a character from the Netflix show when I saw Wednesday's bookmark below it. My Mercari order also showed up this week. I ordered the FBAA mug featured in the February YA FairyLoot box and it came with the necklace as well.
 

 
 And lastly, I have a Kindle Unlimited book, Distorted by Nyla K. It's another ApollyCon author book. It's also pretty dark, as it's set in a secret prison. But it's also not super realistic (in a these-people-haven't-washed-their-clothes-in-months-so-everyone-would-stink-and-be-covered-in-icky-things way), so I don't think it's a book I'll end up buying a physical copy of for the signing. I probably won't read the sequels either. I might still meet the author, though.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on signing your lease! That's awesome! I know the the feeling of needing to move out. I'm slowly starting the process of trying to find a place. I met with a realtor that's a son of a friend of my mom's, on Friday, just to talk and go through the process. Soon he'll send me first steps and then the true game will begin! Financial woes for the next 30 years! Wish I had my current job earlier in life so I could be somewhat more ahead of the game then where I am at, but it is what it is!

    Ooh nice goodies this week! I got a splash of art myself this week in my haul. That was pretty much it for me this week besides one book, the other got sent to my sister's for some reason. I sent my current address to the book tour who sent it to the publisher, but the publisher has my old address on fire and decided to use that for whatever reason. They've done it twice now. Luckily, I can still get the book...but sadly this weekend my sister and brother-in-law either got food poisoning or caught a bad bug, so I decided the book can wait! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new read! It does sound a bit strange from what you described but hopefully it can still be somewhat enjoyable for the moment!

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!