Saturday, March 4, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Dirty Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's been a fairly decent week. Again, nothing exciting happened, but I got a lot of reading done for ApollyCon. I also met with my friend to start planning our schedule for ApollyCon weekend. While it won't be as hectic as last year's, since we're not doing the touristy stuff, it's still going to be a lot of panels, signings, and lines upon lines.


For the haul this week, I have some pretty awesome stuff. I've been wanting the Russian edition of FBAA for a while now. I mean, look at it, wouldn't you want it too? It has artwork inside and everything! But I was worried about buying something from Russia given, well... everything. Thankfully, some nice people in the Book Box Sherlocks group were able to help out another collector, and, once I knew she'd ordered her copy and successfully received it, I jumped on buying one for myself. I just had to make sure it was a legit site first. It's a lovely edition to add to the 10+ copies I have of the first book in the series. The sequels need to do some catching up. I think I only have five or so of them. Haha.


Next is some risque prints from Dirty Diction Designs. Which are all of FBAA characters, of course. Funny (or not-so-funny) story, the package with these prints was left on my back porch when I wasn't home, so my dad got to them first. He saw Dirty Diction Designs on the label and thought someone was sending me naughty things, so he wanted me to call him while I was at work. I played it cool under pressure, but it was quite anxiety-inducing. I've never had more motivation to move out before. Lol.


And lastly, I have some ebooks. These are ones I either borrowed from Kindle Unlimited or somehow got for free. The KU titles include Untainted and Untamed by Lilian T. James and Between Wrath and Mercy by Jess Wisecup. I'm currently reading Untamed, and BWAM is next up on my TBR. The other three are freebies. Pearl and the Dread King is a free novella that I got for signing up to Jex Lane's newsletter, same for J. Bree's The Sword. For Chip Pons's You & I, Rewritten, it was free on Kindle, so I nabbed it. I have no idea what it's about except from the basic synopsis I get from the cover. Looks cute, though.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I am totally with you on the need to order international editions of a favorite book! Just look at my Garber collection! Lol! I did order the Russian Caraval myself, but it was quite a few years ago, like before Covid...before Finale even! But I can imagine the hesitation. I mean I still feel hesitant ordering Chinese edition ones. Glad you found a legit site though! I'm still struggling with an Indian book box company who has yet to send a book I ordered from them in June! They kept telling me items purchased during that sale would ship "x month," but then that month past and then they said it would be "x month." I keep emailing them once a month but the last I heard someone was looking into my order and that was December. So the anxiety is high since I already paid for the book.

    Hope you enjoy all of your lovely new reads! The Russian FBAA is just stunning! Well chosen!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that sucks. Hope they ship it out soon. 😬

      And I luckily haven't heard of any other major editions that don't feature the regular cover, so I'm safe for now. Just gotta get the Spanish ones still.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!