Saturday, March 11, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Fourth Zodiac Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, the week started out okay, and then was fantastic, and then ended meh. For the fantastic news, I probably/maybe found myself a new place, and it looks amazing! It has two bedrooms, so one of them is going to be a library! Hurrah! And then the FBAA Amazon TV show news dropped! It'd been hinted at for a while, but we finally got confirmation. But after all that good stuff, I got sicky. Nothing too serious, I don't think. I've tested negative for COVID, but my sister was positive for it, and we'd just met up the day before. So yeah, I'm monitoring that situation. It's super.


For the haul this week, I have a couple of goodies. My dad ended up borrowing my car to go to St. Louis with a friend, so I had him pay the car tax. And by car tax, I mean he had to stop by Barnes & Noble and buy me a book. Hee hee. I asked him to get me any Zodiac Academy book they had from #1-8, since I don't own them and I've already read them on Kindle Unlimited. He got me #4. Apparently, he was going to buy me two, but the ZA books ended up being like $38 each with taxes. So he just got me one. I guess I'll stick to buying these suckers online from now on. That's way too much to pay for a paperback, even if it is self-published/print on demand.


Next is a random purchase from the Bookish Box Shop. They had a new T-shirt design that I couldn't pass up, especially with ApollyCon right around the corner. I need a good shirt for the signing day, aka the day I'll be taking a ton of pictures with authors. I think this one will work very well for photos, especially considering 95% of the authors I plan on meeting at the event are romantasy writers.


And lastly, I have some Kindle Unlimited ebooks. I downloaded A Cursed Kiss by Jenny Hickman and After Rain Falls by C.E. Ricci, both of which are by ApollyCon authors. I just finished After Rain Falls, book two of the River of Rain duet. It wasn't my favorite duology, but it entertained me for a bit and was a great palette cleanser between all the romantasy books I've been churning through to prep for ApollyCon. Speaking of which, A Cursed Kiss is my next read. I need to decide if I want to preorder this book for the event. I"m crossing my fingers I'll like it because that is a very pretty cover.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

4 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I like the car tax idea! That's a good idea for when a car needs to be borrowed! Lol! And congrats on the possible place! I'm sadly still looking. I've a feeling it may be awhile, I'm hoping not long since I just spent 2 hours at my storage unit looking for books and had to haul box after box after box AFTER box out, trying to find the right ones! Sadly, they are not very organized as it just depended how boxes were grabbed, but luckily I had the foresight to at least write what authors are inside each box and whether any of them need signing! Still a daunting process to find said books but I did save myself some time at least by thinking ahead! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new reads to be read and I love your new shirt! I feel like I could qualify for that one too! Lol. Happy Reading!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so ready to get rid of my storage unit! I didn't put any books in there, besides old college textbooks. But I hate thinking of all my stuff just sitting in that space with any creatures or bad weather that could cause ickiness. Especially the heat or potential flooding. Ugh.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!