Thursday, February 2, 2023

January Wrap-Up & February TBR

January wasn't the best reading month ever in terms of quantity, but it wasn't the worst, either. I feel like I had decent quality, though, so at least there's that. As for the personal life, I'm still just settling into the new job and living with the 'rents again. I think I decided to stay with them for a year and then get my own place. My friends and I have a pretty expensive trip coming up in the fall, so might as well save some money until then and crash with them. But now, onto the books...

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in January


A Court of Honey & Ash: 2 stars
The Witch Collector: 4 stars (ebook)
Dowry of Blood: 3.5 stars
City of Ruin: 4 stars
Sins of the Orc: 3 stars (KU ebook)
The Book of Azrael: 4 stars

I read six books in January, which isn't a ton, but it's not bad. Four of the books were physical copies. Those include A Court of Honey & Ash by Shannon Mayer and Kelly St. Clare, Dowry of Blood by S.T. Gibson, City of Ruin by Charissa Weaks, and The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole. Dowry of Blood is the only book I owned prior to 2023. I also read two ebooks: The Witch Collector by Charissa Weaks and Sins of the Orc by Finley Fenn.

Books Bought/Received in January


It felt like I was getting a package every day for a couple of weeks this month. It was nuts. However, I only bought twelve books in January, with four of those being preorders that won't arrive until later this year. In total, though, I did receive 14 books since some preorders did arrive.

The books I bought in January include one ebook I ordered via Kindle (The Witch Collector by Charissa Weaks), seven physical books that arrived in January, and four preorders. The physical books include The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole, City of Ruin by Charissa Weaks, The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards, and The Mysteries of Thorn Manor by Margaret Rogerson, all ordered from Amazon, and the Wicked series by Jennifer L. Armentrout ordered from Mercari. The preorders include a German special edition of TWOTQ, The Witch Collector and The Wolf and the Witch paperback I preordered for ApollyCon, and the January YA FairyLoot book that has yet to arrive. 

As for what I received in January, I had two FairyLoot preorders show up: Kingdom of the Feared by Kerri Maniscalco and The Atlas Paradox by Olivie Blake. For review, I got two physical copies, the second (paperback) and third book (ARC) in Andrea Stewart's Drowning Empire trilogy, as well as Gwen and Art Are Not In Love by Lex Croucher from NetGalley. I also received a free novella ebook called The Scepter from J. Bree for signing up for her newsletter.

Currently Obsessed With

Well, I'm still rewatching The Office, but I, surprisingly, also have quite a few other shows and movies I watched in January.

At the beginning of the year, I watched the Witcher: Blood Origin Netflix show. It was good, but it could've been better. They rushed a lot. I did love the overall fantasy aesthetic, though. I also watched three movies: Glass Onion, Battle of the Super Sons (an animated movie about Batman and Superman's sons, Damian and Jon), and Violent Night, the Santa film with David Harbour. It could have been a lot better. I ended up getting bored of the repetitive violence halfway through. I'm also watching and enjoying That 90s Show on Netflix. I didn't think I'd enjoy it since I really like the original show, but it's not bad. I wouldn't mind if it got a second season. And I watched episode one of Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show, Wolf Pack, with my mom. (Technically I watched almost all of these with my mom and/or dad.) It was weird. I was hoping for a good werewolf show, but I don't think Wolf Pack is going to be one. I also binged the last season of Animal Kingdom on Amazon Prime. It was about what I thought it would be considering how terrible all of the characters are. Haha.

February TBR

In February, I'm continuing to read books by 2023 ApollyCon attending authors. Some examples include House of Beating Wings by Olivia Wildenstein, What Lies Beyond the Veil by Harper L. Woods, Frost by C.N. Crawford, and An Heir Comes to Rise by C.C. Penaranda. I also need to read The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart, since I got books two and three from the publisher for review. While I'm really excited about attending ApollyCon, I will say the stress of trying to read as much as possible before the event is not my favorite thing. I'm excited to read whatever I want once April is over.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of January, plus some February sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!