Saturday, February 11, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Gold Foiling Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This last week has been terrible. Like existential crisis and complete emotional breakdown bad. Ugh. I need some soft pillows, yummy chocolate, and my favorite TV episodes to comfort me through this weekend and make things better. There's been way too much crying lately, and I just want to wipe the past seven days from my mind.


The only highlights of this week have been the items I got in the mail. First up, my January YA FairyLoot book arrived. Look at it! It's so pretty! I really enjoyed this book, so I'm happy to have a special edition. It, sadly, may also be my last YA FairyLoot box, though. I think I'll be canceling soon, as I'm down to skip one or two, and once I've skipped enough, my subscription goes poof.


Next is part two to the Kingdom of the Wicked series tarot character cards by PrettygalPins. There's only five of them, but they're expensive little suckers. They're so pretty though! And there's gold foiling everywhere! I still haven't read the KOTW sequels, so I haven't met the Cerebus puppy yet. Boo. I need to get on that.


Lastly, I have some ebooks. I downloaded Tavia Lark's Prince and Pawn on Kindle Unlimited, and A Kingdom of Gods and Ruin was a free ebook novella Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti gave out for their upcoming release. The cover is kind of fuzzy, as I couldn't find a good image of it and it wasn't even on Goodreads yet. I hate it when books aren't on Goodreads when I want them to be.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a crummy week! I hope things get better for you this week!

    Oh nice! I know, the FL limited skip run kills me as sometimes I know the book isn't for me based on hints. I wish that didn't have to be a thing. I wasn't sure I was going to like this one once I uncovered what book it was, but since I wasn't dead set against it, I bought it. I'll probably be cancelling my adult one soon. I was happy about the combined book only box, but since the adult books haven't wowed me lately, I feel like that one will be canceled once I run out of skips. Or I might just cancel it period. I was excited for the March book though so that one I definitely want to get. Or maybe it was this month's...I already forgot to be honest! Lol!

    The Prettygal Pins tarot cards are pretty! I'm hoping (and maybe dreading) that she does the Caraval/OUABH gang! I feel like they would be fun and ones I'd definitely throw down cash on! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy all of your awesome new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think a Caraval set is coming up, but I don't know for sure. I think I'll have to skip that one to save money, but I'm happy you can get it!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!