Saturday, February 4, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Stop Requesting Things Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's February! Which means we are one step closer to spring! I can't wait to not be cold anymore. While I love the soft sweaters and boots weather, I'm tired of my fingers constantly being cold. Bring on the heat. But not too hot. Not summer hot.


Are you even surprised there's FBAA merch in this haul? Because I'm not. I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that pretty much every single post will have an FBAA item in it. It's unavoidable at this point. These items in particular are from Dirty Diction Designs, and there's a print of the main trio and two bookmarks of my favorite wolven. My FairyLoot copy of Heart of the Sun Warrior also arrived. Not loving the orange. Not because I don't like orange, but because it doesn't look great next to the first book, which has a navy blue spine.

Next are the ebooks. The Scepter by J. Bree is a prequel story for her new fantasy book that was free to download if you signed up for her newsletter. So I did. And I got my ebook. I also, stupidly, requested more things on NetGalley, despite not having a lot of non-ApollyCon reading time this month. Thankfully, The Blighted Stars by Megan O'Keefe isn't out until May, so I can wait on that one, but A Door in the Dark comes out in March. So I need to get on it. Ugh. Why do I do these things to myself? I am excited to read these though. I just hate the pressure. Thank you to the publishers for approving my requests!

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! I feel like we're alike in the whole buying fan art of our obsession series! For me, naturally is Caraval/OUABH! Every time I see stuff I'm either buying it or putting it on my wishlist for when I get extra funds! Lol! Sadly I couldn't get into Daughter of the Moon Goddess, despite really wanting to! I think I ended up DNFing it around 200 pages or so. But yeah, the color choices I guess make sense based on their titles--navy for moon, orange for sun...but they just look awkward next to each other.

    Nice new reads too! Those are new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all! I also did some Netgalley/Edelweiss requesting and got some approvals while others I was auto-approved for, so there was no waiting involved! Lol!

    Hope you enjoy all the delightful new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!