Saturday, February 18, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Kindle Credit Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Not only was last week terrible because of a stupid emotional breakdown, I also got sick. Ugh. But I'm better now. Just trying to play catch-up after everything went Topsy-turvy. So I'll be trying to get some blog posts scheduled that aren't Stacking the Shelves. Lol. Let's hope I succeed. But until then, enjoy seeing what books I added to my collection over the past seven days.


First up, I have an order I made from Pangobooks, an app for selling secondhand books. I downloaded the app to just peek around and see if I might sell some special editions there later, but Pango give me a $5 credit for signing up that expired in 48 hours. So, being the weak person I am, I went ahead and got the four books from Jennifer L. Armentrout's contemporary NA series, Wait for You, that I was missing. I got Be With Me, Stay With Me, Trust in Me, and Fall With Me. Well, technically I already had a copy of Fall With Me, but mine was a beat up copy from a used bookstore, so it's nice to have one that isn't so rough.


Next is S.A. Chakraborty's The River of Silver, FairyLoot edition. This was supposed to have shipped a long time ago, but my order ended up going poof somehow and never made it out of the warehouse, so I had to wait while FairyLoot sent another one. Unfortunately, when I finally did receive it, I got a copy with a lovely black mark through the middle of the cover. You can only see it at certain angles, but it's definitely there. Now, I'm waiting on a replacement. Sigh. One day I'll have a nice version of this book to sit on my shelves.
 

Right as I was thinking this book wasn't going to make it into this week's post, it showed up. I pre-ordered Blood & Steel by Helen Scheuerer from Barnes & Noble during their 25% pre-order sale last month. It's one I kind of ordered on a whim. I think I'd only heard of it a week or two before I made the order. I pre-ordered a lot during that sale, though, so this isn't the last B&N book you'll see.


Lots of Kindle books this week. I ended up downloading books 2-5 of the Bonds That Tie series on Kindle Unlimited after I started book one last Saturday. I'm already almost finished with #5. It's a decent and addicting series, though it's gotten quite repetitive towards the end. And, to help me go straight to some ApollyCon preparation, I downloaded Sarah A. Parker's To Bleed a Crystal Bloom and C.E. Ricci's Don't You Dare. I'm hoping to dive right into these two once I'm done with the Bonds That Tie. Only 1.5 books to go!
 
 
I also ended up downloading/purchasing some non-Kindle Unlimited books since I had Kindle credit. I don't fully know the rules for the Kindle credits. I just know that I had like five-ish dollars to spend on ebooks that expired within six days. So I got JLA's Summer King short story collection for free through the credits and only paid $0.74 for her Dream of You novella.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're on the mend! Being sick is never fun. Hope this week was a little better than last week's terribleness! I might have to look into this app! Kinda wished I heard of it before yesterday when I ordered stuff off of Abe Books! Hoping what I bought comes in the "like new" condition they advertised as...but I'm not holding my breath as I bought off that note before and got a book that went through hell and back...made me wonder what their definition of "new" was if this was "like new." *eyeroll*

    That's a shame about your FL book! I know they can be pretty good about getting out replacements. When I ordered TBONA, I was supposed to get a signed copy and they send me an unsigned one. Luckily after I showed proof of my unsigned copy and whatnot they sent one out. Took a little while but not nearly as long as I thought it would be based on their first estimate!

    Yay for free and nearly free reads! I loved JLA's Summer King collection! It was a fun little continuance of the Wicked series I thought! Hope you enjoy all of your new reads that you have yet to read!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, FairyLoot is pretty good about replacements, I just wish I wouldn't have to email them so often about it. I haven't used AbeBooks, but it sounds like a couple of other sites I've bought mine from and they never end up coming new. I've gotten library copies and ARCs. Definitely not new.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!