Saturday, January 21, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Tiny Book Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Other than spending too much money in just the first few weeks of the year, I haven't had a lot going on. It's been blessedly quiet. I like that. My job is getting a little better, as now I actually have things to do and am not just sitting there, and I have a family trip planned the day this post goes live. I'm not overly excited for it, but maybe I'll visit a bookstore on the way.


First up is the ARC of The Bone Shard War by Andrea Stewart that I mentioned in last week's Stacking the Shelves post. I now have to binge-read all three books in the series so I can post reviews. I'm very excited to devour this trilogy. Thank you, Orbit for the copies! Also, I bought Margaret Rogerson's Mysteries of Thorn Manor novella from Amazon. I truly wish she'd written a full-length sequel, as this book is ridiculous short and tiny, but oh well. At least I get this much.


Next up are three books that technically arrived last week, but they were left in the rain, so I asked for replacements. They are The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards, City of Ruin by Charissa Weaks, and The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole. So my delivery driver decided to leave the box with these books in it out in the rain. And, while my other package was okay because the seller had wrapped each individual book in bubble wrap, thereby waterproofing them, Amazon doesn't do that. So yeah, they got a little wet. They were mostly just a little wavy, not soaked or anything. I requested replacements, but now I just found damage on what I thought were the new, replacement copies. So I guess I'll just have to see which copies I can live with more before I take the rejects back.


One of my FairyLoot preorders arrived. It's The Atlas Paradox by Olivie Blake. I still haven't read the first book in this series, but I'm collecting the sequels because I think I'll like it. Maybe I shouldn't do that anymore... Ha. Also, my preorder for Target's exclusive Caraxes Funko Pop came in. He's so tiny! But he doesn't really look like Caraxes, so I'll probably just put him on a shelf with dragon books.


And finally, I have my second deck of Prettygalpin's Throne of Glass tarot cards. I barely knew who anyone was in this deck when I first opened it. It's been so long since I finished this series. But I figured all the characters out eventually. They are all extremely pretty. Especially Nehemia and Yrene. I don't mind Chaol's depiction either. ;)

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. I hope your family trip goes well...and that you find a bookstore along the way! I got lucky on our mini family outing back at Christmastime when everyone wanted to go this bar and across the street and down a few stores was a bookstore I'd never been, so I said, grab a table and I'll meet you after I check out this store! Lol!

    Nice new reads! I picked up the Rogerson novella as well! I still need to read the first book but have heard such rave things about it, I didn't feel too bad buying this one ahead of time! Yeah, Amazon can be pretty terrible with their packing department. We've gotten other things from them where they have no packing materials in with items that are breakable. I don't think they even bother trying anymore.

    Those tarot cards are beautiful! I keep waiting and hoping that maybe one day she'll do a Caraval set! As that would be the series I would be willing to go all out for! Lol. I did like the looks of some of her KOTW ones but I didn't really know about them at the time of their sale. No biggie though. Rather save for a series I'm crazy about anyway!

    Hope you enjoy the new reads and goodies!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's doing a Caraval set this year maybe. Or maybe she just wanted to do one... I'm not sure. They're very expensive so I'll be happy when there's a set I don't want. Lol

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!