Saturday, January 7, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Tarot Cards Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I've been at my job for almost a full month now, and things seem to be getting better. Monday will be the first real test, as it'll be the first time I meet with the people I'll be working for for the next however-many years. I'm not nervous at all. Ha! But to ease the anxiety, I do have some fun goodies to share with you today.


First up is the FairyLoot edition of Kingdom of the Feared, the third and final book in the original Kingdom of the Wicked trilogy. Sadly, this FairyLoot edition has two major problems: the sprayed edges are kind of faded looking compared to the first two books and the spine is purple instead of black. Since I display my books spine out, it's fairly obvious KOTF doesn't match. I know a lot of people have already emailed FairyLoot about it, me included, but it is a weird oversight by everyone involved. I just hope I can get an updated replacement jacket. I don't really care about the edges. I don't see them with how the books are lined up on my shelves.

Next is something I knew I had to have because I'm ridiculous. In the November FairyLoot YA box, there was a tarot card set for the characters from The Stardust Thief, a book I read and enjoyed. So, with me being a book-only subscriber, I knew I'd have to order the set second-hand or wait until FairyLoot put it up on their trove. I ended up getting the cards on Mercari for fairly cheap.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the Kingdom of the Feared book kind of disappointed me too. I had already put my first two copies into storage without really thinking so I can see the set altogether, but I could tell right away that the edges had a different flower. Initially I thought they would all have a different flower and I was going to be fine with that, but after seeing the first two the same, I expected this third one to be the same. I also noticed it didn't seem as dark on the sprayed edges either. The cover color was pointed out to me in another's post and that disappointed me too. So I guess it's a matter of waiting and seeing what FL decides to do.

    I initially was hoping FL could've at least thrown in the tarot cards with the book only subscription. I mean I get why they don't, but since it could easily fit and I loved the first deck, I was kind of hoping to have second deck. But I guess one deck is good enough. I wish they could keep their shop up to date with the cards or at the very least sell a full deck at the end of it all but since they didn't do that with the first one I knew not to hold my breath with hope on this one!

    Hope you still enjoy the new book and goodies despite everything! Lol.



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish it was an option to have the tarot cards in book-only. I think I'd pay a couple dollars extra for that, though not every fandom they feature are cards I need.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!