Monday, January 16, 2023

My 10 Most Anticipated 2023 Releases By Authors I'm Familiar With

There are A LOT of 2023 book releases I'm looking forward to, and my top 10 changes each day based on what genre I'm in the mood to read. Since I also noticed a lot of my most anticipated books are sequels, I decided to make three separate posts for my most anticipated books (similar to what I did last year). This is the list of new series/standalones by authors I've already read before. I've already posted my most anticipated sequels, and next week, I'll post my list of books by authors I haven't read before.

For your reading pleasure, here are my ten most anticipated 2023 releases by authors I'm familiar with. Oh, and unlike my 2023 sequel list, I couldn't think of a list of honorable mentions to add here. So basically, this top 10 is where it's all at for 2023. All my bookish hopes reside on these babies.

***

Riven by Mindee Arnett

I'm totally cheating here. This book is already out as I'm writing this. I also haven't bought it yet, if that tells you just how busy I am. Life has been crazy lately. But anyway, I read Mindee's Avalon duology a while ago, and I really liked it. Therefore, I've been interested in picking up her other books. I haven't gotten around to Onyx & Ivory yet, but I will. One day. I'll also get to this one. I just need more time in the day!

Bad Blood by Morgan Rhodes

A vampire family written by Morgan Rhodes? Author of the Falling Kingdoms series? Umm... yes please. While I wasn't thrilled with the ending of her first series, Morgan Rhodes has managed to add herself to the list of authors I'd like to see new books from, and she's finally going to release one. And most importantly, it has supernatural creatures in it.

Witch King by Martha Wells

The only books I've read by Martha Wells are the first two installments in her Murderbot Diaries. They were fun, but they're very short. This is a full-length novel, so it'll be interesting to see if there's any difference in the writing style, especially with this one being a fantasy story versus a sci-fi.

The Adventures of Amina al-Sirafi by S.A. Chakraborty

I loved Chakraborty's Daevabad series, so, while pirates in books aren't my favorite, I am very excited to get my hands on this one. I'm also happy that it will likely be a book in a certain subscription box. Yay! I love it when my anticipated books get fancy editions. Oh, and this is the UK cover, by the way. The US version is meh.

Star Bringer by Tracy Wolff and Nina Croft

I've never read anything by Nina Croft, but I have read Tracy Wolff's Crave book. Just the first one, not the sequels, though I do own them all. I'm saving them to binge once the last book releases in May. I have no idea how Tracy will do writing sci-fi, but I'm excited to find out. I think it'll at least be a fun romp through space, time, or wherever else this story takes place.

The Scarlet Veil by Shelby Mahurin

This one has characters from the Serpent & Dove trilogy in it. Need I say more? I'm actually a bit apprehensive about it, as it seems like the relationships are all going to be different in this spinoff, but I'll still be reading it. Especially since Blood & Honey was one of my favorite books in 2021.

Night of the Witch by Sara Raasch and Beth Revis

It's been a long time since I've read a Sara Raasch book, and I don't think I've ever read a Beth Revis book expect for my Across the Universe DNF way back when. But witches and witch hunters in book form means an automatic buy for me. I think this one will have similar qualities to Serpent & Dove, so I'm beyond ready to get my hands on it.

The Dragon Rider by Taran Matharu

I read Taran Matharu's YA series a few years ago, and I really enjoyed it. It had some good worldbuilding. So I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Taran can do in the adult fantasy category. I would like to see some grit and darker subject matter from this author. Plus, dragons equals major bonus points. Who doesn't love dragons?

A Game of Malice and Greed by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti

I've only read two series by these sister authors, but I really do want to read their entire backlist. I'm glad I didn't get to all of them, though, because the sisters rewrote one of their older titles and updated it to make an overall better reading experience. Woohoo! I'm very intrigued by this one's Aladdin vibe.

Fall of Ruin and Wrath by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Was there any doubt that this would be number one? I mean, I think I'm fairly predictable at this point. I don't know a lot about this book other than it's by JLA, it's an adult fantasy romance, and the love interest's facial hair is inspired by Jensen Ackles's Soldier Boy, which I am all for. I've seen JLA post some teasers in her Facebook group, but I've stayed away from those. I don't want to know what's going on. I'd like to be surprised when I pick this book up for the first time.

***

Alright, there you have it. My most anticipated 2023 books by familiar authors. What 2023 books are you looking forward to? Let me know in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice ones! Is Morgan Rhodes' Bad Blood releasing this year?!! I thought it was next since her other series is ending this year. I've loved her books and I was excited to hear she plans to finish Books of Spirits and Thieves trilogy once she gets time around her contract projects! Seeing a few other books that are on my list to buy immediately and some that are totally new to me ones! Great list overall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, maybe it is. I have it in my 2023 books, but I could totally be wrong. I just went off of Goodreads and we all know how great they are at release dates. Lol

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!