Friday, January 13, 2023

My Most Anticipated 2023 Sequels

There are A LOT of 2023 book releases I'm looking forward to, and my top 10 changes each day based on what genre I'm in the mood to read. But I also noticed a lot of my most anticipated books are sequels, so I'm making three separate posts for my most anticipated books (similar to what I did last year). This is the list of sequels. Next week, I'll post my list of books by authors I haven't read before and later, I'll post my list of new books/start of series by authors I've read before. It's a working title. Haha.

For your reading pleasure, here are my ten most anticipated sequels of 2023. There are a few honorable mentions that I couldn't fit in the list. They include Spice Road #2, Cherish, A Power Unbound, A Grim and Sunken Vow, and if it actually releases, I'm looking forward to Reign by Cora Carmack.

***


A Fire in the Flesh by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I'm not the biggest fan of JLA's FBAA spinoff. I much prefer the original series. But I still enjoy the Flesh and Fire series and the discussion it brings on JLA's Facebook group about the overall Blood and Ash world. Plus, I do love me some dragons (draken) and I'm hoping for some wolven to appear in this last installment of the trilogy.


The Ashfire King by Chelsea Abdullah

I should probably note that books 5-10 in this list aren't really in any strict order. They can definitely fluctuate. I'm saying that under this particular book because this one is a sequel I want to read, but I'm not freaking out about it. So it could also be number ten on a different day, or, maybe it'll move to number eight closer to its release. Only time will tell.


Mysteries of Thorn Manor by Margaret Rogerson

While I did loooove Sorcery of Thorns, this is another installment that could fluctuate in regards to its place on the list. Since it's a novella, and not a direct full-length sequel, I'm a little disappointed already. I think it'll be fun, but it won't give me the same feels as the original.

Light Bringer by Pierce Brown

So yes, I haven't read Iron Gold or Dark Age yet. However, I'm still eagerly anticipating this book, if only because it brings the Red Rising series one step closer to being complete. Only one more book to go after this one, and then I'll do a reread of the original trilogy and finish off the last four books. I'm looking forward to it.


From the Grave by Kresley Cole

I can't believe the final book is actually coming out in April. I honestly didn't know if it was ever going to release. I still need to read the last two books in the series, though, so I think I'm going to do a complete reread before I get to this one. It's been years since I picked them up.

Prince and Pawn by Tavia Lark

This one is a new addition to my normal lists. I read the first two books in the Perilous Courts series in October-ish, and I thought they were super fun. The final book comes out in January, so it's a great way to start out the year. I get to have a light, fun romantasy to set the tone for 2023.

Zodiac Academy #9 by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti

I finished book eight last month, and book nine doesn't have a cover or release date yet. While ZA 8 wasn't my favorite installment of the series, as I hate it when the characters aren't all together in one location (when they're all separate, it's just not as fun), I am extremely excited to see how things play out in the last book.


Gold by Raven Kennedy

The last book in the Plated Prisoner series. Wow. It's been over a year since I read the first three books (half a year since book four), but it feels like it was just yesterday. I'm excited to see what happens in this conclusion.

The Midnight Kingdom by Tara Sim

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so I"m ready to read book two. And, even better, it comes out on my birthday! Guess I know what I'll be buying myself to celebrate. ;)

A Soul of Ash and Blood & Visions of Flesh and Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Is it any surprise that these are my most anticipated books of 2023? And yes, I'm totally cheating by putting two titles as my #1. Well, I just can't help myself. I'm really, really, really excited for Visions but ASOAAB, Cas's POV book, comes out in July. So I get to be excited for that one sooner. It's all just too far away right now, and I need both of them!

***

Alright, there you have it. My most anticipated 2023 sequels. What 2023 books are you looking forward to? Let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!