Saturday, January 28, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The I Have a Problem Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's still January. Yeesh. This month just never ends, does it? Well, not a lot has been going on. I'm just working, working out, eating, sleeping, etc. I actually don't think I'll have a lot going on until closer to April, though I am planning a trip to Iceland in September with my book club friends. That could be something interesting to talk about. I need to buy the plane tickets, hotel, etc., but that's still not happening until early February. So...yeah. Just another boring week.      .


First up in this week's haul are two prints I ordered from the JLA Shop. They're the full print versions of the FBAA standees I received last week. And yes, I'm still kind of upset they didn't sell the two things at the same time so I could save on shipping. I also have a Bargainer pin I ordered from NoOneDesigns on Etsy. The seller was having a sale, so I jumped on it. Her pins are beautiful.

Next up is part of A Touch of Magic Design's Heartmates FBAA box. This thing took forever to get to me, for reasons I do not understand. Plus, ATOMD didn't answer the emails and messages I tried to send them to ask why everyone else was getting their box when I wasn't. They finally answered around the New Year (a few week later), to say like 10 boxes were missing items, so they'd be late. And sadly, a print is missing from my box, so I have to try and contact them AGAIN. Ugh. I love their items, but the lack of communication gets me sometimes. I know my friend hasn't heard back multiple times when she's tried to contact the shop owner. Anyway, these are the cute standees that came in the box. Tawny, Kieran, Poppy, and Hawke. I'm a little disappointed that three out of the four characters are in red/pink. I know the outfits for Poppy and Hawke are significant, but it's not the look I would've chosen for them. And also, Tawny doesn't have white hair in the first book at all. Oh, and the candle I had to get my dad to open for me. But the smell was too perfumy so it's going bye bye. The body scrub is also going too. It smells like coffee. Ick.

Another item included in the Heartmates box was the A Shadow in the Ember Dominique Wesson dustjacket. I love the draken on the back cover! And the color is very pretty! I also think the character designs are nice, minus a few issues, like Nyktos's shoulders/neck area and Sera being a little young looking. It's still a beautiful jacket, but unfortunately, I just tried to put it on my ASITE copy, and it was a good half inch too tall. I am not happy right now. I had to contact ATOMD again. It's kind of ridiculous at this point.


Here are all the prints I received. One is a Cassian bonus print and there's a Hawke Dominique Wesson print that I added to my order. Honestly, I'm not super impressed with the prints that came in this box, even the one that I'm missing isn't what I was hoping for. I haven't decided which ones I'll keep and get rid of yet, but I figure quite a few will end up in my FBAA swag sale that's coming up.


This is the last of the Heartmates box contents. There was an enamel pin of Poppy's dagger, which I have received many versions of at this point. I'm just not a fan of how oddly stubby the dagger looks. I'll probably throw this pin one in my swag sale, as I have a dagger pin I already like and there's another one I want to order that looks way better, in my opinion. The booksleeve is also something I don't really want to keep. However, I do have ApollyCon coming up, so it is nice to have booksleeves to keep books safe when traveling. But, on the other hand, I already have a dozen of them. Ugh. Decisions, decisions. And last up, is the wristlet keychain-holder thing. I was excited for this because I don't have a fun keychain on my keys anymore. My Supernatural one broke. However, the quality is so cheap and the designer chose a quote with the F word on it. I would've preferred to have a wristlet I didn't have to hide at work, when I let people borrow my keys, etc. It's annoying.


And finally, I have some ebooks. You're a Mean One, Matthew Prince is a book you've seen on my blog before. I borrowed a paperback version from my library. Well, I didn't get to read it before it was due, so I decided to check out the ebook version. I also downloaded two books from Kindle Unlimited. One was Perfectly Imperfect Pixie by M.J. May and Frost by C.N. Crawford. Frost is by an ApollyCon author, so I'm hoping I can get to it pretty soon.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm having issues with missing items with A Touch of Magic Designs. I know the owner stated that she was in the midst of moving so she has let messages go unanswered. I am missing my entire November order and my December order came without one of the prints I bought. So yeah...I'm trying to be patient but I almost wish she could have an assistant or something to try to get to some of these issues. Or at the very least a response of some kind acknowledging the message. It's frustrating.

    Nice new reads though! And the merch is pretty cool too! I'm always hesitant with big box items...I'm always afraid it will not be worth the cost. Now if it was anything related to Stephanie Garber I'd probably dive in without much thought! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your goodies and new reads! Hopefully ATOMD will get back to us soon.


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who never hears back from her. It's been driving me nuts. I get being busy moving, but yeah, and automatic email explaining that she'll get back to us would be helpful.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!