Tuesday, March 29, 2022

An Updated Bookshelf Tour: Bookshelf #2

Like I mentioned two weeks ago, I realized I hadn't shared any up-to-date photos of my bookshelves in a long time, so I figured I'd let you all see what I've got. And FYI, these are in less of an order than the first shelf I shared photos of. I really need a library. *sigh* If you haven't seen the first bookshelf tour, you should totally check it out and gawk at my extreme disorganization. Haha.

This is Bookshelf #2. It's mostly my YA sci-fi and paranormal shelf, and it, like Bookshelf #1, is temporarily at my parents' house until I get a bigger place 500 years from now. Everything on it is all out of order. Also, these are primarily books I've already read. Most of my TBR books are at my apartment, so I can actually read them.

Alrighty then, let’s move on to the good stuff.

***

Here's an overview of Bookshelf #2 and #3. I have them situated in the corner, so it was just easier to take a photo of them both together versus separately. I actually forgot to take this photo originally, but lucky me, I visited my parents this past weekend and was able to snap a quick pic.

The top shelf holds my HP copies. And yes, JKR is very controversial right now. Basically, I just don't support the franchise anymore in a way that would contribute to her success. I still keep my books and DVDs, as I've already paid for them. Fun fact, I got the second illustrated edition for free when I worked as a temp at Scholastic during my first couple of months living in NYC. The corner was slightly crushed/ripped, and, yay for me, they couldn't sell it with an imperfection!

The shelf below that is mostly YA sci-fi. That's actually what usually goes on this shelf, even when I was still living there. For the most part, it looks the same, except for the random copy of Song of the Sparrow that's hanging out right smack dab in the middle.

The next shelf is a mix of YA paranormal, sci-fi, and fantasy. In fact, a lot of these are books I've had for YEARS. The Rachel Hawkthorne Dark Guardian books are ones I got around my sixteenth birthday. Holy cow! And I think I even got my copy of The Thief before that. It has the original cover!
 

A lot of paranormal YA going on here. There's some Jennifer Estep, Rachel Vincent, Holly Black, and Julie Kagawa. I feel like these were some of the prime authors during the post-Twilight days in publishing.
 
 
For some reason, I almost forgot to include this shelf. In front you'll see The Goddess Test books and the Unearthly trilogy. Unearthly is one of my favorites! I made my high school book club read it back in my senior year.

More YA paranormal, fantasy, and even one dystopian series. And look! There's my favorite werewolf book, Blood and Chocolate. I read that thing back in eighth grade and fell in love. I think it's why I've always loved werewolves more than vampires. #TeamJacob. Lol.

 Speaking of Twilight, here are my copies of the original books in the series. They're hidden away at the bottom of the shelves because I have zero room. So sad. I also have the Evernight series and the ACOTAR books down here. It's basically just a random assortment of series.

Behind the random series are my big books. For the most part. Titles include Eragon, Six of Crows, Nightshade, and more. I also have an ARC of Nightshade with the original cover. I desperately want to get my hands on an ARC of Wolfsbane with the original cover too. So if you see any copies floating around out there, you should totally let me know. Same goes for Heather Demetrios's Blood Passage.


  Here are some boxsets I have that are sitting in front of these corner shelves. Yep. That's right. They're just piled on the floor. It's terrible. I feel so ashamed. I have the Legend trilogy, The Hunger Games, and below that, you can see the paperback boxsets of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. They're barely visible, so it's really just a tiny peek.


 And finally, I have a boxset of Jane Austen novels. I've only read one Jane Auston book, Pride & Prejudice, and that was because I LOVE the 2005 Kiera Knightley film version. But I would like to read the others one day, especially since I have these beautiful editions.

***

Well, that's the second shelf. It's a YA buffet. I'll share the other shelves over the coming weeks. I hope you enjoyed!

Do you have any pics of your bookshelves up? If so, link them below so I can check them out. I love looking at pretty book collections.

2 comments:

  1. OOoh very nice! See some favorites of mine on here as well! Rachel Vincent, Richelle Mead...the original greats! Lol! I also loooved Nightshade! I think that was the first ARC I ever received from the publisher! I too longed to find the Wolfsbane one because I adored the cover art, but alas I never successfully found one. A few years ago I found someone willing to get rid of it, but I sadly didn't have anything she wanted to trade for it. I try checking HPBs and other used bookstores but have had zero luck over the years. Oddly, I feel like I can track the bad luck starting when I finally got a job a few years back! Typical! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how fast ARCs disappear of books. I guess I'll just be on the hunt forever. Haha. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!