Saturday, March 19, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Staycation Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I've been on staycation this week...well, since Tuesday at least. Therefore, I haven't had to go into work. It's been amazing! I took off Tuesday for the release of JLA's TWOTQ, but I needed to use up my vacation time anyway, so, decided to just take the rest of the week off as well. Over the past few days, I've been catching up on clothes shopping, book trading, and more. Needless to say, it's been an expensive week.


First up are two books from bookstores I visited. I got Zodiac Academy: As Told by the Boys by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti from Barnes & Noble. It was the only one they had in stock. It didn't surprise me that this was the only one they had, since they series is self-published. The other book is Yasmine Galenorn's Bone Magic, one of the Otherworld novels. I got it from a local used bookstore.


So after that, I went to another local used bookstore to trade some books. And guess what they had? A whole shelf of Yasmine Galenorn books! I'm collecting the original mass markets, and they're not readily available now since the author is trying to self-publish them.


Before all of the purchases, I downloaded/borrowed some more Kindle Unlimited books. I only read two of them before my free trial expired, so I decided to pay for another month of KU until I get through some of these books I've wanted to read but didn't want to pay for.


Here it is, my most anticipated book of 2022. And yes, I've already read it. And I LOVED IT! The War of Two Queens by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It's gotten a bad rap lately for something that was foreshadowed in book two, but people were either too oblivious or in denial to see the event coming. But ignore them. You need to read this series. I bought/read a Kindle edition, as I'm waiting for May's hardcover release for a physical copy. I also got a NetGalley ARC of Vows of Empire by Emily Skrutskie. It's also one of my anticipated books of 2022.


And finally, I have some more FBAA art! My Flickerwix order of Dominique Wesson's portrayal of Delano and the joining arrived! I love these pieces so much. It was great that both these character prints and TWOTQ's pre-order incentive bookmark and tattoo arrived the day I finished TWOTQ. It made me so happy!

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh very nice!! I'm waiting on my hardcover of TWOTQ too! Though I still need to read the third book...and the first of the new series that was recommended to read after the third book! My problem is that I like to be able to binge big books like that...which is really hard when you have to work regular hours during the week and then run errands on the weekend. Lol. Glad to hear you enjoyed it though. I'm going to have to go over my notes from book 2 at this "foreshadowed" thing that has everyone in a tizzy about in this new book! Luckily, I do well at avoiding spoilers when it comes to JLA's books. So hopefully I can get caught up soonish.

    Hope you enjoy all your fantastic new reads! Congrats on all the great finds of Yasmine's books! Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if you can wait to binge, it might be better on your soul. Lol. The waiting is torture. I think, if you've seen any of the fan art I've bought, you'll be good to go in terms of the foreshadowed events. XD

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!