Saturday, March 5, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The February FairyLoot Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been different. In a good way. It's been super warm here, so that's nice. Terrible for the planet, but good for me. I'm tired of freezing all the time. I also had a friend come over last weekend and we arranged some travel plans for Apollycon. Now, I'm out hundreds of dollar for an Airbnb. I hope the convention is worth the cost... But anyway, time for a book haul.

Two FairyLoot boxes within a short period of time is pretty fun. It sucks for the weeks I go without, but it's always nice to open a box full of goodies, even if I don't always love the items. But for the February box, I loved almost everything! The book is beautiful, and it's one I had already planned to read/order. I also loved the bookends, socks, necklace (though I wish it didn't say Crescent City on it as it could have been a more universal item), and the tarot cards. While the art style of the tarot cards isn't my favorite, they were good this month. The only items I didn't care for were the Wicked Fox print and the tote bag. I'm just tired of tote bags. I typically do like prints if they're for a fandom I enjoy and the artwork is in a style I like. This particular print just didn't vibe with me. Just FYI, I skipped the March FairyLoot box, but I'm getting the adult book, so that'll be fun! I'm very excited!

I "borrowed" Zodiac Academy #7, Heartless Sky, from Kindle Unlimited. I only have a free trial, so it'll disappear once my trial is over mid-March. If you've seen my last couple of posts, you know I've become addicted to this series. I was binge-reading like crazy, though I've found myself slowing down as I've read the last two books. I think the angst is getting a little over the top. Nevertheless, I'm going to hate waiting for book #8 to release once I finish this one. Oh, and my friend also bought me Court by Tracy Wolff. She got me the B&N special edition from her local B&N since mine didn't have any in stock. I paid her back, though, so it still goes into my book-buying expenses for the month. Oops. I forgot to take a picture of it sadly, so you'll have to deal with the thumbnail. Haha.

What books have you bought/received lately?

4 comments:

  1. Nice! The February FL box was a little meh for me. The book wasn't really on my radar but I might give it a go at some point. I'm with you on the tote bags. They're okay, but I have so many as it is, plus I have favorites that I use that are better quality and are sturdy to hold books without stretching the material. So when book boxes give me one, I'm just meh over it.

    I keep seeing buzz on this Zodiac series but I feel overwhelmed with the books I have and seeing an 8 book series pop up suddenly. Lol. It might stay on the backburner for now. I did finally finish Court a few weeks ago and loved it! While I already know what's in store for Charm, I'm excited to see what will happen in Cherish!

    Hope you enjoy these awesome new reads and goodies!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm putting off reading the Crave sequels until closer to the last book's release. I wish I'd done that for ZA. It's gonna be a killer wait until December. 😣

      Delete
  2. I love your photo of your Fairy loot goodiez, very nice!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!