Saturday, March 26, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Double Rise Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I'm back to work after my vacation, and I hate it. It's super busy right now. I'm hoping things slow down in mid-April, but I'm not 100% sure it will. I don't think I can keep up this level of stress at work. It's awful. That combined with the rainy/cold weather after a nice week of sunshine is pretty miserable. I hope it gets sunny soon so I can get back to my outside runs. But let's talk about happy things—books!


First up, I have my FairyLoot edition of Iron Sword by Julie Kagawa. Unfortunately, it came with a slight crease at the top of the spine and FairyLoot won't replace it. Ugh. It's not awful, but it doesn't look great either. I also have The Folk of the Air bakery pin from A Touch of Magic Designs. I'm collecting select versions of this pin set, mostly just for cupcakes that match the character pins I own or fandoms I really love.

In addition to those, I downloaded The Rise of Monsters by Brianna Jean and Dead Moons Rising by Jack Whitney on Kindle Unlimited. Will I get to them before I decide to end my KU subscription? I don't think so. I'd really like to, but I think I'll only keep KU until the end of the summer and I'm not a super fast reader. Have you read either of these? What did you think? Should I move them up my TBR?

What books have you bought/received lately?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your book. That's not fair to you! Here's my Sts!! Try to have a good week!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2022/03/stacking-shelves-return-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it'll be okay. Thanks for the sympathy though! I know we all like our pretty editions. Haha. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a bummer about FL and your damaged Iron Fey book! They're usually better about things like that but I guess maybe they didn't order as many of this one this time around? Hopefully the damage isn't too noticeable. I noticed with one of my Diviners books the inside flap of the cover was bent the wrong way. It always upsets me when my books come damaged in any way, but with this one I just felt like it wasn't worth the trouble. At least the damage on mine was superficial and on the inside flap part.

    Nice new reads though! Even though I'm not a fan of pink, I have to admit, I do still like a pink cover. It's weird that I'm okay with that! Lol. Hope you enjoy your KU reads if you get to them. I've never heard of them, so I can't give you any advice on them unfortunately!

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes I don't think it's worth it to ask, but since this one was on the spine, I did. I've had pretty bad luck with their single books lately. The boxes they send them in are terrible for shipping. I hope they fix it for the Adult Sub.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!