Wednesday, March 2, 2022

February Wrap-Up & March TBR

Two months of 2022 are already over. Wow. February flew by. Mainly because work was nuts and I've been binge-reading a series that's taken over my life. I barely moved from my bed and couch as I devoured each installment, and I read a lot of other big books on top of those. It's been a great reading month.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in February

Legendborn: 4 stars
Munro: 4 stars (ebook)
The Poppy War: 3 stars

Zodiac Academy: The Awakening: 3.5 stars
(ebook)
Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae: 3.5 stars (ebook)
Zodiac Academy: The Reckoning: 4 stars (ebook)
Zodiac Academy: Shadow Princess: 4 stars (ebook)
Zodiac Academy: Cursed Fates: 4 stars (ebook)
House of Sky and Breath: 2 stars
Zodiac Academy: Fated Throne: 3 stars (ebook)

I read ten books in February. Ten! I'm so proud of that number, though I'm not proud of how behind I got on my exercise schedule just so I could read more. I'm trying to whip myself back into shape now after two weeks of taking it easy. But anyway, back to books. Only three were physical books: Legendborn by Tracy Deonn, The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang, and House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas. As for ebooks, I read Munro by Kresley Cole and then I binged most of the Zodiac Academy books by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti. I'm currently using a free trial of Kindle Unlimited to read all of the ZA books. I only have one more to go, and my trial doesn't run out for a couple more weeks. Then of course, two of the books I read, Munro and HoSaB were new releases, so they don't count towards some of my smaller yearly reading goals. However, The Poppy War and Legendborn are both books I owned prior to 2022, with Legendborn being a 2020 release and The Poppy War being a pre-2020 release. So two more books to add to my TBR goals!

Books Bought/Received in February

I received four physical books and four NetGalley books in February, so a total of eight books. And this doesn't include ZA, since I'm only technically "borrowing" them and I think they'll disappear off my Kindle once my trial is over. The ebooks I received were all review copies from NetGalley: A Taste of Gold and Iron by Alexandra Rowland, Bone Weaver by Aden Polydoros, A Strange and Stubborn Endurance by Foz Meadows, and Heat Wave by TJ Klune. The physical books I received include HoSaB (BAM online order), The Return by JLA (local used bookstore), Court by Tracy Wolff (a friend's B&N), and Only a Monster by Vanessa Len (Jan. FL book). Even though I received four physical books in February, I technically only paid for three of them in that month: Court, The Return, and HoSaB. I paid for the January FairyLoot back in August with my six-month subscription plan. And, in addition to Court, The Return, and HoSaB, I also paid for some books that won't arrive until later on in 2022, including FairyLoot's These Twisted Bonds and a B&N order of three books. So, in total, I bought 13 books, as I also paid for my six-month FL sub in February.

Currently Obsessed With

Not a lot to talk about entertainment-wise this month. I've mostly been reading. Which is a good thing. I'd honestly rather be reading than watching TV, since more of my money goes towards buying books than streaming shows. Haha.

The only show that I'm currently watching is Modern Family on Hulu. It's a fun show. Nothing super special. I'm only season seven now, and I think there are ten seasons. Which is insane. But as long as I finish the series before Bridgerton comes out, I'll be happy. Then, I need to figure out what my next binge show will be.

March TBR

March's TBR books are kind of random. I want to read Once Upon a Broken Heart, since I feel like the FairyLoot sequel edition is going to be announced soon and I have to decide if I want to purchase it. I also haven't read any of the pre-NYC books I mentioned in my goals post for 2022. Therefore, I need to read An Ember in the Ashes and The Last Namsara. I also might read A Promise of Fire, and I'm continuing my year-long read of A Storm of Swords, which I fell behind on due to the ZA series. And, speaking of ZA, I'm currently reading the seventh book in the series and I'll try to fit in the novellas and side books before my free trial ends in mid-March. Oh! And I almost forgot, I have to read The War of Two Queens, which releases on March 15. I already took some vacation time for it .

***

Okay, well, that's the month of February, plus some March sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing month!😍You have great looking books!! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!