Thursday, March 17, 2022

An Updated Bookshelf Tour: Bookshelf #1

I realized I haven't shared any up-to-date photos of my bookshelves in a long time, so I figured I'd let you all see what I've got. Unfortunately, a lot of these aren't in any order anymore, as I have half of my book collection at my parents' house and the other at my apartment. This means my lovely collection is never in one place, which is quite sad. One day, I'll have a big enough place to have my own home library! That's the dream.

I'm starting off with what I call Bookshelf #1. It's mostly my YA fantasy/paranormal section. However, there's a mix of stuff in there at the moment. Like I said, stuff is all out of order. Oh! And I should mention that 98% of these are books I've already read. Most of my TBR books are at my apartment, so I can actually read them. Haha.

Alrighty then, let’s move on to the good stuff.

***


Here's a view of the entire bookcase, so you can get a general idea of its overall chaos. And yes, those are remotes on the middle shelf. I don't have a nightstand at my parents' house, so when I visit I have to use that middle shelf as one. I know... It's terrible. Also, that desk isn't there anymore. I gave it to my sister and my parents took it to her house a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't actually seen what my old room looks like since it's been moved.


This top shelf is one of my favorites. It holds some of my pretty, tall YA fantasy books. From left to right, we have Warrior of the Wild; the Red Queen series, including the first two special editions; the Falling Kingdoms series; and the US copy of The City of Brass I got for free at BookCon.


The shelf below that is... surprise! More YA fantasy. As well as the FairyLoot copies of the Daevabad trilogy.


This shelf is a mix of fantasy and paranormal. I also have the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty here as well. I couldn't find the box for these three Pops to put them back in my closet, so they just chill out here while all the rest are currently in temporary storage. Normally, my shelves are overflowing with books and Pops.


Here's a view of what's behind some of the other books from the above photo. The White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter is one I really want to reread one day.


The middle shelf. What's unique about this one, compared to the others, is that it's bowing pretty bad. So I had to take a lot of books off of it to keep it from bowing further, as, unlike the other shelves that are removable, I can't just flip this one over. I've had this bookcase for YEARS. It was originally my older sister's, so it's held up for a long time. Right now, it's mostly holding smaller paperback fantasy books. Please ignore the remotes, FitBit watch, and random tube of paint. Lol.


 Next up is, again, more YA fantasy and paranormal. It's kind of a mix of series. A lot of which I'd love to properly display one day. I used to have some of these displayed on top of that desk, but I got rid of the desk, so I"ve had to squish everything back onto these shelves. Boo...


Here's an image of what's behind all of the books up in the front. You'll see one of my more recent favorites, Heather Demetrios's Dark Caravan Cycle. That series has really stuck with me over the past few years, when I read it back in 2018-ish.

 Now, this is just a stack upon a stack. Look at this chaos. There's so much here. Ugh. I hate having books displayed this way, but I officially have no room at my parents' anymore. Though, I have told them that with that desk gone, I could add another bookcase to the room, even though I don't live there anymore. They didn't like that. My mom wants to put exercise equipment in there. Haha.


 And finally, you'll see a very dark picture of what's behind the other books. These are so hidden away that it's just sad. I desperately need someone to pay for me to get a library with a nice rolling ladder, where I can read and just stare at my lovely books. They don't deserve to be shoved away, especially as some of these are books I really love.

***

Okay, so that's the first shelf. I'll share the others over the coming weeks. I haven't even started taking pictures of the ones in my apartment yet, so that'll be a super fun task. (Please note that I am being sarcastic as my apartment shelves are even more chaotic than the ones at my parents' house.) I hope you enjoyed!

Do you have any pics of your bookshelves up? If so, link them below so I can check them out. I love looking at pretty book collections.

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I'm seeing tons of favorites on your shelves! Mine are "somewhat" organized throughout the different bookcases I have. Though my TBR piles are insanely chaotic with zero organization to them. Every now and then I try to keep series together, but then things get shifted around and yeah, THAT is utter chaos! I've a few collections of series that I've stuffed onto my mom's downstairs entertainment center. A lot of those sadly, have the books stacked in front of books, as well as another small book tower/case I took over from my grandma's house. That one is mainly mass-market paperbacks from my very early collections. I've two totes of international editions that I've stored under our steps as well. I need several more bookcases just to get all of those books onto actual shelves...but then that leaves my TBR books needing bookcase homes too.

    So yes, a library in a sprawling castle would be much appreciated! I still like looking at the library in the animated Beauty and the Beast, thinking move all those books out and I can probably fill a good amount of these shelves myself! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes! Every girl needs a Beauty and the Beast library! I just bought a new bookcase today, so hopefully that'll help the organization of the ones in my apartment. My parents' house is another thing entirely. But it sounds like you have more than me if you have totes full. I'm going to try to downsize over the next few months. I have a lot of books I don't think I'll ever read. But I hate to see them go. 😥

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!