Saturday, March 12, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Covered in White Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I hate having two Stacking the Shelves back to back on my blog, but I haven't had the energy to write a regular post. My book club friend visited two weekends ago and my little sister visited last weekend, so I've been cleaning and prepping for them to stay over. Thankfully, I have this weekend free as well as a vacation coming, so I'm hoping to get a few reviews and tags written during that time.

The Barnes & Noble order I made last month was delivered. I bought The Dragon Republic and The Burning God by R.F. Kuang and Fire in You by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I finished The Poppy War earlier this year, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue with the sequels, but I did want to know what happened to a particular character. So I bought both of Kuang's sequels during an online sale. I also needed to reach $60, so I added one of JLA's contemporary romances to my cart.

And my most exciting acquisition is The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah. It's one of my most anticipated books of the year by a new-to-me author! I've been craving a warm desert fantasy story after all this snow, so I'm thrilled Orbit sent me an ARC of this one. Stay tuned for my review! Oh, and all of these books have white covers. It's quite funny
.

Yes, I have more Zodiac Academy books I "borrowed" with my free trial from Kindle Unlimited. These are the novellas. I think Origins of an Academy Bully is number 0.5 in the series, while The Big A.S.S. Party is 5.5. I've already read 5.5, but I need to read 0.5 before my trial is over.

Would you look at that. My FBAA fan art addiction has returned. Just in time for book four's release. Woohoo. Well, technically I ordered these Poppy and Cas prints and pins back in December, but they finally arrived this month. I also got a keychain of Atlantia. It's in the shape of a key. Ha!

I begged the fan art gods for this Kieran print that was in January's Bookish Box subscription (of which I am not a member), and the gods listened to me! Okay, so that's not quite what happened. I got this FBAA Kieran print after saying I needed it because Kieran from FBAA was the love of my life. I posted on the Bookish Box BST Facebook group, and someone generously sent one to me for free! Yay! She left a cheeky note on it too.

And finally, I have another Kindle Unlimited book: Something Fabulous by Alexis Hall. I have less than a week to read this one and the Zodiac Academy novella. Can I do it? I'm not sure. I really hope so. I've had my eye on this book for a while, basically since I read and loved Hall's Boyfriend Material and realized Hall had a new book out. But I haven't had the drive to purchase it. I'd love to read it while it's free, though.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh very nice! Quite a few new to me ones but I hope you end up enjoying them all! And gorgeous fan art collection! I find I'm still adding to my own Caraval one and have been trying to find Once Upon a Broken Heart pieces to add to the mix! Lol.

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fan art collecting is a dangerous game, I've found. It's almost as addicting as actual book collecting. 😬

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!