Saturday, September 5, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: The August FairyLoot Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

More books. Yeesh. I can’t believe I have more books to share this week. I truly need to slow down. But need and want are two very different things.

Wicked As You Wish ARC by Rin Chupeco
A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Okay, so I have to be honest. My paperback copy of AKOFAF wasn’t scheduled to arrive until Friday, so I decided to purchase the ebook Tuesday night. I just couldn’t wait. I’ve already finished reading it, and now I am (im)patiently waiting for book three. Also, my preorder incentive swag arrived Friday as well.

The other book I got was from Jessica over at A Great Read. We did an ARC trade on Twitter. I don’t generally keep ARCs unless they’re super pretty or important to me, so I gave her my copy of The Darkest Star and she gave me Wicked As You Wish, which is a FairyLoot ARC. It even came with swag! Thanks for the trade, Jess!

Now, on to August’s FairyLoot…

I knew what the book of the month would be, and I was super excited for it. The cover for this one is gorgeous! Though, the FairyLoot edition seems to have an issue with the spine size on the dustjacket not matching up with the actual book’s spine size. It’s unfortunate, but not something I’m going to complain about too much.

As for the items that came in the box, I don’t really like any of them except the notebook and the character artwork. While the bath bomb smells amazing, I don’t take baths. Also, the An Ember in the Ashes booksleeve is ugly, in my opinion. I don’t like the art style at all. Same for the tarot cards. The FairyLoot tarot cards used to have gorgeous art like less than a year ago. I don’t understand why the artwork is so ugly now. The metal bookmark for Nevernight is pretty, but I haven’t read the book yet, so I’m meh about it. And the Scythe magnet feels like something they threw in last-minute. Basically, a majority of this month’s items will be going in my subscription for-sale box. I hope the next box is better. I’m also crossing my fingers for a book-only option soon.

What books have you bought/received lately?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Always happy when books arrive in time for StS posts! Especially since the first post office sent this in the wrong direction to start with! *eyeroll* Yeah, I wasn't too wowed with this month's Fairy Loot either. I actually thought Owl Crate had the prettier cover, but I like purple! Lol. I think for me and not being as blown away with this month's tarot cards is more because I'm not in the fandom they represent, so it's just meh. But I am wanting to get a full deck so I keep the subscriptions coming! I'm not liking the style of the book sleeve itself to be honest, it's rather floppy and doesn't hold up as well as the other book sleeves I own. Seems the subscription box ones have to be fold-able to be squished in the box and not hold up as an actual book sleeve when using. Sigh...

    But glad everything else this week turned out great! I still need to read the first book in Jennifer's series here, I was also trying to hold out to buy the second book as a signed copy like I did the first one. But it's highly possible if I finally get around to reading it, I'll just buy the ebook while I wait! Lol.


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. That's funny about the post office. I was wondering why it took a couple of days longer to reach me than mine took to reach you. Lol. And yes, the Owlcrate Star Daughter is soooo much prettier! While I'm sad I spent $80 for two boxes with the same book, I'm glad I did, since Owlcrate's is so beautiful. :)

      Delete
  2. I have a copy of Star Daughter that came in my Owl Crate box so I hope we both end up enjoying that one. I am not always a fan of all of the things that come in the boxes but I have fun seeing what is included. I hope that you enjoy all of your new goodies and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I got the Owlcrate version too! It's so pretty!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!