Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Fires of Vengeance by Evan Winter

 "Can’t-Wait Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Wishful Endings, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

The Fires of Vengeance
(The Burning #2)
Publication Date: November 10, 2020
Hardcover, 544 pages, Orbit
Genres: Adult, Fantasy

"Intense, inventive and action-packed from beginning to end - a relentlessly gripping, brilliant read." -- James Islington
In order to reclaim her throne and save her people, an ousted queen must join forces with a young warrior in the second book of this must-read epic fantasy series by breakout author Evan Winter.

Tau and his Queen, desperate to delay the impending attack on the capital by the indigenous people of Xidda, craft a dangerous plan. If Tau succeeds, the Queen will have the time she needs to assemble her forces and launch an all out assault on her own capital city, where her sister is being propped up as the 'true' Queen of the Omehi.

If the city can be taken, if Tsiora can reclaim her throne, and if she can reunite her people then the Omehi have a chance to survive the onslaught.

My Thoughts

I know I’m going to love this series, but I haven’t started it yet. Not because I don’t want to, but because it’s a four-book adult fantasy series and this is only book two. I’m cautious with fantasy series because sometimes it takes the authors a long time to finish writing the entire series. I do own book one, The Rage of Dragons, and I will read it. It just may be after The Fires of Vengeance or even book three or four comes out that I binge the series. I’ve heard very good things, though.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! That's a new to me one! I hope you enjoy it once you get to read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I'll probably wait until the whole series is out to start the series though. But dragons! XD

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I love the cover to this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!