Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Cloaked in Shadow by Ben Alderson

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Cloaked in Shadow
(The Dragori #1)
Publication Date: December 18, 2017
Paperback, 350 pages, Oftomes Publishing
Genres: YA, Fantasy, LGBTQ+

Romance. Magic. Lies.

For fans of elves, shapeshifters and elemental control.

Zacriah Trovirn is concerned with two things in life: feeding his family and dodging Petrer, the boy who broke his heart.

Heartbreak becomes a distant concern when Zacriah is taken to the Elven capital of Thessolina, where he is forced into King Dalior’s new legion of shapeshifters. But Zacriah isn’t a shapeshifter. In truth, he doesn't know what he is.

Zacriah joins forces with new friends and they soon find themselves embroiled in a clash between the three Elven continents. With war looming on the horizon, Zacriah must learn to use his latent power to fight and protect those he loves before they are destroyed.

My Thoughts

I just heard about this one recently, and I’m very curious about it. It was written by a booktuber who created his own publishing house. The main reason I want to read this, though, has to do with the protagonist being gay. There’s just not enough LGBTQ+ fantasy books out there. This one sounds like it could be good.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! That's a totally new to me one! Hope you thoroughly enjoy it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!