Saturday, October 7, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Hold Edition Part 1

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It was another week of no book-buying! Yay! (And boo... No new books is a little sad.)

Roar by Cora Carmack
Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
Calamity by Brandon Sanderson

So I’ve been putting a LOT of books on hold at my local library. Roar was one of them, and I’ve got more coming in soon. I’ve been wanting to read Roar since it was released, but I haven’t been able to justify purchasing it, especially because I don’t know if I’ll like it. Now, I can test it out before purchasing. (Also, have you seen the cover release for Roar’s sequel Rage? It’s b-e-a-utiful!)

As for Calamity and Aristotle and Dante, those were impulse grabs. I was browsing the shelves, and I thought, “Why not?” I actually already own Calamity, but I’m currently reading Firefight. Unfortunately, I left my copy of book three, Calamity, at my parents’ house, so it was easier to just pick it up at the library rather than have my mom ship it to me. It’s also good because, if Firefight ends on a cliffhanger or if I feel the need to immediately pick up the sequel, I’ve got the finale within arms’ reach now.

What books have you bought/received lately?

12 comments:

  1. Roar was an awesome book. I hope you love all of your new goodies.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things, so I hope I love it too. :)

      Delete
  2. OOh nice! I took awhile to get into Roar myself but once Roar got on her journey I was loving it!! Hope you will love it too!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, it's great that you didn't buy books. Less of a chance of the TBR squashing you :D I also only got one book this week! I am happy about that. Review copy as well.
    I've heard great things about Aristotle, so I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I guess that's true. My TBR won't get even more out of hand. Although, I do have to read 5 library books in 3 weeks. *sigh* :)

      Delete
  4. OK, now I'm curious about Roar. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter keeps telling me to read Aristotle and Dante as it's one of her favourites. Great job on not buying books by the way. I'm trying to use my library more as well and get through books on my shelf that haven't been touched yet. Anyway, here's our haul: Bibliojunkies Hope you have a great week! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss going to the library! Since I started blogging, I've gone less and less. And I've bought more books, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. Honestly I need to buy less books. D: I loved Roar! The cover of Rage is amazing. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Shell. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libraries are great for saving money, but they do limit the pretty collections.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!