Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Top Ten Yummy Foods Mentioned in Books

 My second week participating in Top Ten Tuesday!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Ten Yummy Foods Mentioned in Books

This is a hard topic. I only really know of a select few books that have food involved, so a majority of my list will be made up of Harry Potter foods.

***

Turkish Delight (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

I’ve had a candy bar version of Turkish Delight, but I’m not sure if it’s really the same thing. I haven’t heard the greatest things about the treat, but I’d still like to try it.


Lembas Bread (Lord of the Rings)

Apparently, this bread stays fresh for long periods of time. I really need that because I tend to forget about my bread sometimes. Also, who doesn’t want to eat Elvish bread? I’m broke, so being able to eat one bite of something and be full would help save on groceries.
Pumpkin Pasties (Harry Potter)

These aren’t as high on my list, simply because I’m not in the mood for pumpkin foods yet. Once Thanksgiving comes around, I might be more in the mood.


Eat Me Cake (Alice in Wonderland)

Not sure how these taste, but I would have fun eating one, growing, and then drinking the potion to shrink.


Butterbeer (Harry Potter)

Normally, this would be higher on my list, but I’ve actually had Butterbeer before. I’d just like to have more. ;)


Pumpkin Juice (Harry Potter)

Again, not sure in the mood, but I’d like to try it.


Aunt Petunia’s Pudding (Harry Potter)

Doesn’t this just look tasty? I love sweets, and this pudding looks very sweet. ;)

Lemon Cake (A Song of Ice and Fire)

This is the only food I’ve heard about in the Game of Thrones universe. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s every mentioned or seen in the show. I do love me some lemon pie and lemon bars, so I think this could be pretty good.


Mrs. Beaver’s Marmalade Roll (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

In the film, Mrs. Beaver serves fish and chips, but in the books, marmalade roll is mentioned. I’ve never had one, but it sounds good and gooey.


Willy Wonka’s various sweets (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

I mean, who doesn’t want the best chocolate in the world? I don’t think the fake stuff made Nestlé are quite the same. I also LOVE chocolate!

**

Alright, there you have it. My first Top Ten Tuesday and my list of yummy foods. What books/foods would you put on this list? Let me know in the comments section.

13 comments:

  1. So fun seeing all the attention on The Chronicles of Narnia. That Turkish Delight is certainly one of the things about the story that stands out!! Plus, it's an awesome story beyond Edmund's affinity for the sweet treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could only think of HP and Narnia when I first saw the theme. It took a lot of thought to come up with anything else.

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice!! I chose Harry Potter as one of my books and then proceeded to list all the sweets I always crave! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely love to try Wonka's treats!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-129/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to eat all the Harry Potter food! It sounds so good.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic list! I was always so taken by Aunt Petunia's Pudding in the HP films because it's just so lovely looking???? I'm like gimme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Petunia may be mean, but her food always sounds yummy. :)

      Delete
  6. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. CBD Gummies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instead, begin to love fruits, veggies, nuts and foods in their natural wholesome form. It is important to 'cater to your hunger and not pamper your appetite.' I am urging you to follow this and not call it a 'diet'.bee nuc for sale

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!